Shipping Restrictions for Magento 2
Restrict shipping methods using various product, cart and customer parameters. Make your shipping process both legal and cost-effective.
- Block certain methods of the shipping carrier
- Create restrictions based on customer’s shipping data
- Restrict shipping by various product attributes and order info
- Use customer groups and store views as a restriction base
- Disable or allow shipping with coupon
- Enjoy compatibility with Jet Theme by Amasty
Adapt your shipping process to your business needs
Limit certain shipping methods of the carrier
Magento 2 Shipping Restrictions is the extension to build a cost-effective delivery strategy. Usually, carrier companies propose several shipping methods to customers such as land, air, sea shipments, etc. The module enables to restrict only unnecessary shipping methods of the carrier instead of blocking all of them. For example, you can restrict ground mail methods for the short-life products as it usually takes about a week to deliver them.
The extension enables you to set or cancel restrictions right from the grid for each particular case. Additionally, we recommend to have a look at our dhl magento 2 extension which helps to make an accurate volume and weight estimations.
Make your store shipping legal and cost-effective
Sometimes you need to restrict some shipping methods for legal reasons. In this case the module will become a perfect solution for your business needs. The extension lets you create a big amount of shipping rules using various limitation criteria based on customers, cart and product attributes. For example, some items are prohibited from being shipped internationally due to exporting country, importing country or transportation regulations. Default Magento functionality allows you to restrict shipping methods only for the whole catalog, but it can badly affect your business. Thanks to the module you can put restrictions only by products that cannot be shipped.
Flexible restrictions setup
Efficient management with shipping areas
Arrange delivery destinations into shipping areas and apply restriction rules to the whole area at once. Flexible settings allow you to include or exclude from the area different countries, states, regions, cities, zip codes, etc. For example, you can easily block delivery for the distant regions by creating the appropriate shipping area that includes such destinations.
Restrict shipping by a postcode
With the Magento 2 shipping locations restriction feature, it is possible to set a postcode as a delivery restrictions rules base, for example you can restrict zip codes that start from ‘123’ or ends with ‘XYZ’.
Apply discounts and taxes to the order subtotal
Use this method to limit certain customer’s facilities. For example, you set your shop to automatically give free shipping when someone's subtotal is over $149, but if a customer uses a coupon that drops the order value below $149, free shipping wouldn’t be applied due to the discounted subtotal.
Use customer attributes as the rule base
Create Magento 2 shipping restrictions using customer attributes such as date of birth, customer group, gender etc. You can also create special shipping conditions for certain customers using this option.
Set shipping restrictions for Magento 2 based on product attributes
Shipping methods restrictions can be made based on any product attribute. For example, you can exclude ground mail from delivery methods in case the order contains some premium brands.
Set restrictions on particular days
This option can be very useful if you don't deliver goods on particular days, e.g. limit shipping on weekends or on holidays.
Enable shipping methods for a particular customer group
Magento 2 Shipping Restrictions extension enables you to restrict methods for particular customer groups, for example you can give access to Magento 2 free shipping method only to wholesale users.
Disable shipping methods for a certain store view
The module enables to choose shipping methods for a particular store view or a website. This function is very useful if you’re working worldwide and have several online shops.
Restrict or allow shipping with coupon
For example, you provide customers with Magento 2 free shipping in your store, and you have launched an advertising campaign with discount coupons. In this case you can remove free shipping if the customer uses a coupon or offer free shipping as a bonus to the coupon discount.
Restrictions for back-ordered items
It happens from time to time that the item is temporarily out of stock. In this case it makes sense to remove next day delivery shipping method for such items. You can easily do it with the help of the module.
NEW | Enable customers to ship an order to multiple addresses due to the extension compatibility with Multi Address Checkout.
|Key features||Shipping Restrictions||Shipping Table Rates||Shipping Rules||Shipping Suite|
|Create an unlimited number of custom shipping methods and rates||—||+||—||+|
|Activate free shipping for the particular shipping types||—||+||—||+|
|Make your method available to specific stores and customer groups||—||+||—||+|
|Assign shipping rate to specific products and product groups||—||+||+||+|
|Surcharge, discount or replace the existing shipping rates for specific products, orders, locations and conditions||—||—||+||+|
|Restrict or hide the existing shipping carriers and methods for specific products, orders, locations and conditions||+||—||—||+|
|Address line and complex conditions support to set your rules and restrictions||+||—||+||+|
|Non-numeric postcodes support||+||+||+||+|
|Specify countries to which your shipping method is applied to||+||+||+||+|
Learn how Amasty Shipping Extensions help to solve real customers' casesIn our Shipping Guide we explain Magento shipping functionality in Amasty modules and discuss real cases from our support experience.
Collect order info to know your customers better
Add an unlimited number of extra fields to your checkout page to easily collect and process additional order related data with the magento 2 order extension attributes. Display all created order attributes on a handy backend grid to keep necessary information at hand.
How to restrict shipping to a specific country in Magento 2?
- Install and enable the Shipping Restrictions extension.
- Go to Sales > Shipping Restrictions > Add Rule.
- Fill in the Restriction name and choose all the shipping methods that will be restricted for this country.
- Enter a Restriction message.
- In the Conditions section, configure the Shipping Country is condition.
- If needed, set up the Coupons and discounts, Stores & Customer Groups, Days and Time sections.
- Save the rule.
According to the statistics, the extension can cover each business need in synergy with the following solution: magento 2 order comments.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Do you have any questions?
Schedule a demo and get all the answers you're looking for!
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
Magento 2.2, 2.3, 2.4
- Improvement MFTF tests were moved to additional packages particular for Magento 2.3.5+ and Magento 2.4.0+
- Improvement MFTF-tests were updated.
- Improvement we implemented a stability enhancement for MFTF tests on Magento 2.3.3
- Improvement now extension covered by Magento Functional Testing Framework tests
- Improvement compatibility with 3rd party extensions were improved
- Fix the issue with error message on cart and checkout pages was resolved
- Fix console errors while restricting shipping methods on cart page were fixed
- Fix the issue with displaying selected shipping methods on shipping restrictions rules grid was resolved
- Improvement extension was covered by unit tests
- Improvement code was refactored according to Magento Standards
- Fix the issue with validation condition "is not" for shipping areas was resolved
- Fix the issue with role permissions was resolved
- Fix the issue with validation for All Store View option was resolved
- Fix the issue with validation configurable products was resolved
- Improvement "Сustom options SKU" condition option for products was added
- Fix the issue with saving rules for admin with restricted websites scope was fixed
- Improvement UI components in rules grid was enhanced
- Improvement notification after applying Coupon Code on Checkout page was removed
- New Shipping Areas feature was added. Create your custom Shipping Areas to get more geo flexibility when setting your shipping restrictions.
- Fix the issue after reordering was resolved
- Improvement overall usability improved.
- Improvement new hints and tooltips added.
- Improvement UI components introduced.
- Fix the issue with subtotal calculation in admin area was resolved
- Fix the issue with upgrading extension was fixed
- Improvement the ability to use several coupon codes for the cart price rules was added
- Improvement the usability for the shipment restriction was enhanced
- Fix the issue with multi-currency conversion was resolved
- Fix the issue with loading checkout page was resolved
- New now, the extension incorporates the Advanced Conditions
- New Information section is added. Now you can see the version of installed extension, available updates, User Guide link, conflicts and other useful data right on the module Configuration page
- Localization updated.
- Improved compatibility with Amasty Gift Card extension
- Stability improvements
- Fix for system module Common Rules, no changes in Shipping Restrictions logic
- Fixed an issue with orders-related conditions
- Amasty Gift Card compatibility improved
- Magento 2.2.2 compatibility improved
- The missing advanced conditions were fixed.
- The issue when multiple rules were not applied at the same time was fixed.
- Improved Magento 2.2 compatibility and migration from older versions
- New the option 'Coupons' was updated: now it's possible to use coupons from multiple rules
- New Purchase History can now be used in Conditions
- Extension architecture changes
- Magento 2.2 compatibility introduced
- Error handling improvement.
- Internal update. New template added to minimize conflicts
- Code is organized according to the new Magento standards
- Now compatible with Magento 2.1
- Fixed City and Street conditions
- Fixed rules by customer's shipping address
- Fixed merge of .css files
- Added translation file