Extra Fee for Magento 2
Gain full control over the revenue you get at checkout by setting up flexible extra fees. Conveniently charge for your services like quick delivery, packaging, payment method complying with tax laws.
- Create as many fees as you need
- Charge extra pay on the cart and checkout pages
- Determine fees display with flexible conditions like SKU, payment and shipping methods, delivery address, etc.
- Offer mandatory fees and control refund
- Calculate taxes in compliance with local regulations
- Read and write GraphQL compatibility, API support
Want to provide customers with additional chargeable services like gift wrapping, rush delivery or insurance? With the Magento 2 Extra Fee extension you'll be able to generate extra fees for any service you need. The module allows you to add multiple extra pay blocks to checkout and cart pages to let store visitors choose necessary charge options before completing the purchase.
Create percent or fixed price payments, choose different input types and display additional information for each block with extra charge. Use flexible conditions to show fees based on payment and shipping methods as well as on products subselection and cart attributes.
|?||Magento 2 doesn’t allow setting up flexible fees the way I need.||+||Extra Fee M2 module allows creating an unlimited number of extra payments based on rules and conditions.|
|?||Handling Magento 2 fees is difficult, especially for several store views and languages.||+||With the module, you can adapt the presentation of each fee to match specific store views or customer groups. Think of translating to another language or special charge for certain customers.|
|?||I want to make it possible for customers to cover order processing expenses like payment charge or shipping insurance for Magento products.||+||Many businesses charge extra expenses separately from product costs as extra fees on checkout. Also, you can promote services by presenting them as extra fees.|
What makes Extra Fee a win-win?
Create numerous extra pays without the developers’ help
Gain additional revenue by promoting extra services
Display taxes for fees if your local legislation requires it
Grow revenue providing supplementary services
Charge extra for special services
Create multi pays for any additional Magento 2 services you need and display them on the checkout and shopping cart page. Grow average cart value by offering special treats to customers. For example, you might want to charge more for faster delivery, gift-wrapping services, engravings, priority manufacturing, etc.
Select page and input type for pays display
Add blocks with multiple fees to Magento 2 cart, checkout, and success pages to help customers easily apply the necessary option and immediately see the final sum including extra pays. Adjust the way extra payment options look on the frontend. The module offers 3 input types: dropdown, radio buttons, and checkboxes.
Comply with the EU tax regulations
European businesses are required to clearly inform users on order total price, including all taxes and additional charges. This is why we have added the feature that allows you to adjust the display of fees’ taxes. You can assign the preferred tax class for pays. Also, decide if you need to display taxes at the shopping cart and memo documents.
Select the fee calculation type
The Magento 2 Extra Fee module lets you choose either a percent or a fixed price type. For example, you can set a flat amount surcharge like $15 per the whole cart. Alternatively, set a specific percent from the cart subtotal. In case you choose a percent pay type, the extension automatically calculates the specified percent for each extra payment option and displays calculation results to customers.
Choose the base for fees calculation
An admin user can specify which product price should be set as a base for percent charge calculation. It's possible to include or exclude shipping amount, discounts and any additional taxes applied to products when generating an extra payment amount. This feature can be applied to all fees by default; it’s also possible to set custom calculation parameters for a certain rule.
Determine fees display with conditions
Easily create various Magento 2 payment fees based on multiple condition combinations. Use cart and product attributes to tweak the fees display to your needs. Charge special taxes for particular products (by SKUs), items from a specific category or with a specific attribute set, etc.
Make extra payment mandatory or optional
Depending on what type of pay you want to charge, certain use-cases might require fees to be truly mandatory without an option for a customer to remove the payment. The extension provides full control, as you can specify if the fee is mandatory on the level of each specific fee. Simply set the ‘Mandatory Fee’ feature in the admin panel to ‘Yes’, and the payment will be added to Order Totals by default.
Set default fee value
Specify a default fee value while creating fee options in the admin panel. The chosen value will be automatically applied on the frontend pages unless a shopper selects another one. It can be used to upsell more expensive services.
Gain customer loyalty with user-friendly services
Refund fees in full or partially
You can decide which extra payment can be refunded. Let’s say, a customer placed a big order and asked to gift-wrap all products. Later, the customer changed his mind and asked to wrap only 2 products. This means that you need to return only a part of the charged fees. When creating a refund memo, simply enter the fee amount you’d like to refund. It will affect only the fee you are refunding. So if a user applied multi fees in one Magento 2 order, you can choose what fees you will refund and in what amount.
Apply multifees to orders from admin area
Add extra fees to purchases created in the Magento 2 admin panel. This option is especially useful when a customer asks for additional services after the order has been applied. You can edit the already existing purchase and recalculate the final pricing.
Adjust charge options for different languages
Select the store views and customer groups for which extra services with the corresponding taxes will be available. For example, translate extra payment options into other languages per each particular store view without extra development efforts.
Apply fees based on payment and shipping methods
With the Magento 2 additional fee tool, you can assign extra pay to any shipping or payment method you need. For instance, surcharge 5% for the DHL Ground shipping method or add an extra fee for those customers who choose the 'cash on delivery' method.
When to use extra fees in e-commerce?
- Gift wrapping: charge additional money for nicely wrapping products in special packaging, e.g. for birthdays, holidays, special occasions.
- Insurance service: sell extended guarantees for goods to let customers receive maintenance care for longer, e.g. to fix a broken phone or to replace a cup that was cracked during delivery.
- Shipping arrangements: offer special delivery like ‘no-contact delivery’ or charge extra to ship to remote locations like from Florida to Alaska.
- Priority manufacturing: some users might need goods to be produced earlier than usual. Monetize it by charging a certain fee for priority production.
- Fast delivery: customers are willing to pay extra for fast delivery if they want to receive goods within a few hours after placing an order.
- Unique product: let shoppers make donations to order custom-made or limited edition items. Offer orders for products that you don’t usually keep in stock, e.g. they’re expensive for your regular client.
- Product personalization: let customers order engravings, custom product colors, or unusual product sizes, e.g. custom furniture dimensions.
- Bank expenses: many payment providers charge fees per each transaction. With the module, you can allow users to handle these expenses.
Bring your Magento 2 surcharge strategy to a new level in 3 simple steps
- Step 1. Cover the whole range of payment challenges with the Payment Restrictions mod. Limit payment methods by shipping address, customer groups, store view, or product attributes.
- Step 2. Сharge extra for various options directly from the Product Pages with the Product Option Templates Quickly assign option templates to large product groups via mass action, easily configure the display of the custom options using swatches and option dependencies.
- Step 3. Make sure you have all data you need to successfully process orders by adding checkout customization to your Magento 2 store. Add mobile responsive custom checkout fields to gather customer data with ease.
How to charge the payment fee in Magento 2?
- Install and enable the module.
- Go to Stores → Extra Fee → Fees and click Add New Fee.
- Open the Options tab, and set the amount of fee to charge.
- In the Condition tab, add what payment method will trigger the additional fee.
- Fill in other required fields.
- Save the changes.
According to the statistics, the extension can cover each business need in synergy with the following solution: magento 2 delivery date and time.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
2.4.2-p1, 2.3.7, 2.4.2, 2.4.1-p1, 2.3.6-p1
- Fix we solved the problem with cancelling order after partial refund
- Fix we solved the problem on checkout page when extra fees haven't created
- Fix we solved the problem with extension installing on PHP 7.1
- New now the extension comes with enhanced tax management - configure tax calculation methods fully applicable for EU and US markets with ease. Now VAT/Taxes can be either calculated and displayed as included or excluded in fee price
- New we added a new feature that allows users to perform full or partial refund of extra fees via storefront or admin panel
- New admin panel got a new control that allows a store owner to specify certain Extra Fee as mandatory for customers on checkout
- New we added a new Extra Fee calculation option to let store owners decide which method is more applicable to their stores. Now fees can be either applied to the whole shopping cart, or to each product in the cart, or to each product that matches specific conditions set via Conditions Tree
- Improvement the extension codebase was rebuilt and improved in order to provide more stability, compatibility, and performance. It was rid of deprecated parts of code thus since now the extension supports Magento 2.3.0 and up only
- Fix we solved the problem with payment method selection with virtual product
- Fix we solved the problem with fees with Klarna Payment Method
- New now the module is read and write GraphQL compatible
- Fix we solved the problem with displaying fees for virtual products
- Fix we solved the problem with displaying fees in order confirmation email
- Fix issue with fees disappearing from the Order Summary section was fixed.
- Fix we solved the problem with incorrect order total calculation while using Amasty Shipping Rules extension
- Improvement now, 0$ fees will displays in order email
- Fix we resolved the problem with payment methods choosing when total cart amount is 0
- Fix the issue with displaying extra fee block was resolved
- Fix the issue with extra fee conditions validation on cart and checkout pages was resolved
- Fix the issue with PayPal payment method was fixed
- Fix the issue with including tax in shipping amount was resolved
- Fix the issue with percent fee calculation was resolved
- Fix the issues with tax calculation for extra fees were resolved
- Fix the issue with fee calculation for more than 1 item in cart was fixed
- Fix the issue with applying extra fees from admin side was resolved
- Fix the issue with error message on checkout page while card payment was fixed
- Fix the issue with order placing with PayPal payment method was resolved
- Fix the issue with Shipping price in Subtotal was resolved
- Fix the issue with duplicate extra fee name in totals information was resolved
- Fix the issue with saving options for extra fee was resolved
- Improvement tax for extra fee on tax breakdown section was added
- Fix the issue with extra fee in invoice was resolved
- Improvement to simplify the configuration, the notes for the extra fee settings were added
- Fix the issue with billing address validation was resolved
- Fix the issue with displaying extra fee in print order/invoice/credit memo was resolved
- Fix the issue with the subtotal validation was resolved
- New the address condition 'City' was introduced
- New Information section is added. Now you can see the version of installed extension, available updates, User Guide link, conflicts and other useful data right on the module Configuration page
- Compatibility improved Advanced Conditions compatibility with Magento 2.1.0
- Compatibility with Amasty One Step Checkout was improved
- New 6 new conditions were added
- New Customer Attributes can now be used in conditions
- Fixed multiple issues with fees display on cart page and checkout
- Stability improvements
- Compatibility with Magento 2.2.1 Enterprise Edition improved
- New Magento API support introduced
- New 'Shipping address line', 'Payment method' and 'Billing country' conditions were added
- Compatibility with Magento 2.2 was improved
- Magento 2.2 compatibility introduced
- New Fees are now can be applied to orders created in admin area
- VAT/Tax display improvements
- Fix for percent fee calculation issue
- Number of smaller fixes
- Quote limit increased in DB
- Add extra fee to the totals at checkout success page
- Installation script has been updated
- Totals calculation order has been changed
- New options to calculate fees based on shipping/tax/discount amounts