GeoIP Redirect for Magento 2
Automatically change store view, currency and language depending on visitor's location. Expand your business across other countries without creating a separate store.
- Automatically detect users’ location
- Redirect visitors to appropriate store view or custom URL
- Restrict redirection for particular IP addresses
- Display prices in visitor's local currency
- Ignore user agents
Broaden your business horizons with Magento 2 GeoIP extension to other countries and let your foreign customers shop easily with multi-language, multi-currency and multi-store functionality.
Improve shopping experience of your foreign customers
Confirmation pop-up before redirecting
Set introducing confirmation and notification pop-up before redirecting. Comply with the requirements of EU regulations regarding geo-blocking and country redirects.
Redirect users to a specific store view
The module automatically determines visitors’ location and redirects them to the correct store view. With the help of the extension you can improve customers' shopping experience by showing localized information in familiar language and currency.
Automatically switch currency based on visitor's location
The extension detects location of your store visitor using GeoIP technology and changes price currency to the one which is actually used in the potential customer’s country. Also your customers don’t have to choose the language prior to start purchasing - it will be done automatically.
See other ways of how to apply geolocation to make your marketing more efficient.
Restrict access to your website to specific IP addresses
Block certain visitors by their IP addresses and choose the CMS page that will be displayed to the restricted customers.
Ignore search engines and user agents
Avoid unwanted store switching for user agents and search engine spiders. You can specify which of them to ignore. For your convenience the most popular search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. are ignored by default.
Redirect only from the home page
Sometimes a user may need to see particular pages of your store just as they are (e.g. product pages). In that case you can enable ‘Redirect From Home Page Only’ option. Thus, as soon as viewers enter the website homepage, they would be immediately and automatically redirected to the appropriate store view. Redirection rules are based on users location, and if customers enter a specific page it will be displayed in the original.
Configure country to store view rules and to show familiar language and currency to users from all over the world.
Redirect to specific Magento 2 URLs with GeoIP extension
Use this option to redirect your customers to a specific store page, blog or your youtube channel based on their location. For example, if you don’t provide delivery of some items to specific countries or regions you can redirect users from these regions to the page with the information where they can buy this product offline or find out more about your company.
Redirect customers to content to draw more attention to your brand.
Restrict redirection for particular URLs
In case you want to keep the URLs like home or FAQ page the same for all store views, you can exclude them from redirection. At the same time you can apply redirect option only to the certain store pages, e.g. Delivery info or Contacts.
Avoid SEO risks caused by redirects, see how.
Redirect users for each visit or only for the first one
Now you can choose whether to adjust your webstore to users’ geolocation automatically and redirect them each time they enter your website or to allow them to choose which store version is more convenient. In this case they will be automatically redirected only during their first site visit and then will be able to choose which store view to use. This feature works for both guest and registered customers.
Restrict redirects by IP address
Sometimes you may need to allow certain people to see your web site as it is despite their location. For example, when some of your staff works remotely from different countries. You can easily do this by specifying their IPs in the module’s settings
More content management tools with Blog ProSpeak the same language with your customers using our Magento 2 Blog plugin. Let your visitors share their opinion in comments and establish a dialog with their vendor.
Basicly, GeoIP redirect module is the Magento 2 extension and is not compatible with Varnish Cache. Magento 2 utilizes App Server and when you use Varnish Cache for your website the redirect functionality will not work properly. However, you can bring partial compatibility.
Sometimes, it is unable to complete the database import due to execution time limit of PHP scripts. You can avoid this error by increasing the maximum execution time for your PHP scripts.
How can I make Varnish Cache compatible with redirects?
How to fix the execution time limit of PHP scripts when importing the database?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Could it be possible to implement the browser language as a choice for switching?
Currently we have several storeviews for a country which has more than 1 official language. The geo-ip sometimes does crazy things like redirecting to be_nl/fr_nl/something when two storeviews are linked to the same country.
Maybe using the browser language we could prevent this from happening?
Write Your Own Review
You can always download the recent version free of charge from your account
Installing an upgrade is easy — check now
- Fix the issue with redirect users from Home Page was resolved
- New unit tests were added to the Geo IP Data module
- Improvement the code of the Geo IP Data module was refactored
- Compatibility the compatibility of Geo IP Data module with Magento 2.1.x was enhanced
- Improvement the possibility to upload the latest Geo IP Database was added
- Improvement IPv6 support was added to Geo IP detection.
- New the possibility to restrict the access to a website by IP address was added
- New introducing confirmation and notification pop-ups before redirecting. Comply with the requirements of EU regulations regarding geo-blocking and country redirects
- Improvement minor visual improvements for the extension settings in the admin panel were implemented
- Improvement minor code improvement
- Compatibility the compatibility with the Magento Full Page Cache was enhanced
- Fix the issue with the redirection on product/category pages malfunction was resolved
- Fix the issue with wrong geolocation detection was resolved
- Fix the issue with the error when IP address fails to be found in the DB was resolved
- Fix security issues were resolved
- Fix the issue with the "too many redirects" error while selecting a store view was resolved
- Fix the "Warning: strpos(): Empty needle" error in var/report was resolved
- Improvement the location detection via GeoIP data was improved
- Improvement for EU's GDPR compliance the restriction for the last IP address's digit was implemented
- Fix the issue with URL replacing was resolved
- Fix the issue with the incorrect redirect to categories and products when using different URLs for stores was fixed
- Fixed an issue with the wrong store scope
- Improved import of GeoIP data.
- Improved IP address check.
- Compatibility with the FPC extension is added.
- All Except Specified URLs" option is active by default.
- Restriction by Ip" is renamed to "IP to Ignore" for better understanding.
- All URLs" option is deactivated.
- We added URLs excepted by default .
- Minor improvement for the "Apply Logic To" option.
- Performance optimization.
- Fix setting "First visit redirect only" didn't influence on setting "Enable Country --> Currency"/"Enable Country --> Store View". For repeat visit currency/store were the same.
- Fixed redirect after redirect;
- Fixed currency switch on inconvenient URLs when "Apply Logic To - Specified URLs" + "Enable Country" set Currency;
- Fixed loop redirection if option "First visit redirect only" has value - yes, and urls like http://somesite.com/intl/;
- Fixed error: Setting "Currency" in "Enable Country" didn't work if was activated "Apply Logic To" - "Redirect From Home Page Only";
- Few performance optimizations
- Improvements for redirecting specific country to specified store
- Improvements for detecting IP address
- Minor code refactoring
- Better compatibility with full page cache
- Possibility to enable/disable extension per each store