Mass Product Actions for Magento 1
Get a set of tools for efficient product management. Change prices in bulk, assign categories, relate products, and much more in just a few clicks. Product management becomes nice and easy with Mass Product Actions Magento extension!
- Modify prices in bulk
- Promote related products with up-sell and cross sell-blocks
- Copy custom options, images and attribute values
- Delete products in bulk fast, remove product images
- Customize product grid and make your work comfortable
Are you tired from working on product catalogs? Do you dread to make every little change in prices, descriptions, etc. because it takes forever? Equipped with Mass Product Actions toolbox you will alter your store in a blink of an eye! Edit products in bulk right from Magento admin panel.
- Easily change Magento prices in bulk;
- Assign or remove multiple products from categories;
- Promote related products with up-sell and cross sell-blocks;
- Copy and spread custom options, images, attribute values;
- Replace any Magento Attribute Set for simple products;
- Replace text;
- Delete products in bulk, product images, remove relations and categories;
- Customize product grid. Make your work comfortable!
- Watch Mass Product Actions video review to get more details;
‘Update price’ mass action in Magento
Magento bulk price update option allows you to quickly decrease or increase prices of selected products in bulk by both, percentage or a flat amount. The same thing can be done for the special prices with ‘Modify Special price’ action. Sounds easy? Easy it is!
'Modify Special Price Using Price' action
This option lets you create special events, giveaways for example, any time you need them. Boost the sales by creating some special prices based on regular ones. You can announce a discount of fixed amount of dollars/euros etc., or put a price 10% less than regular cost. Whatever you choose, your customers will definitely appreciate it!
‘Update all Price Type’ action
With the new action it’s possible to quickly update all 'price' type attributes, as well as a tier price and a group price.
'Set special price' action
Going to launch a promotional campaign? With this option, you can set special prices for necessary products and specify the date their prices should be changed. Moreover, you can set a time period the prices should be changed for.
'Modify Price Using Cost' and 'Modify special price based on cost' actions
These options are just a real boon for business owners who get product feeds from suppliers and need to add a certain margin to the product cost. No more wearisome work with pricelists, it can all be done in a couple of clicks!
Sometimes prices look odd after updating and become something like 2.67 or 7.12. This module will automatically round the prices to .50, .99 or .00. Use this option and be sure that your pricelist always looks just right!
‘Assign categories’ action
This one enables you to mass assign products to different categories. Now all your products can be sorted out by comfortable parameters!
‘Replace Categories’ action
Now you can change the product category with a single action. Use ‘Replace categories’ action to remove products from their current category and place them to another one simultaneously. After replacing a category, the old URL will be redirected to the new one.
‘Relate’, ‘Up-Sell’ and ‘Cross-Sell’ actions
By dint of these actions you can populate related products, cross-sell or up-sell blocks very fast, and thus start promoting your products right away. Assigning a product to the other ones using one of these options creates a cross or backward link between them using one of two algorithms: 2 Way or Multi way linking.
- 2 Way linking
This algorithm will create only backward links. For example you have lighter, wood and cigarettes. If you indicate wood and cigarettes as up-sells for lighter, the lighter would become an up-sell for both wood and cigarettes, but wood and cigarettes would not become up-sells for each other. Works the same way for cross-sells and related products.
- Multi way linking
This mass product relator tool will create cross links between products. Let's say you have products A, B, C and D and want all these products to be cross-sells for each other. For this you activate multi-way relating algorithm. Then select products B, C and D on the product grid, choose 'Cross-sell' action, indicate id of product A in the special text field and click 'Submit'. After that all these products will become cross-sells for each other (e.g. C will have A, B and D as cross sells). This algorithm works on analogy for related products and up-sells.
‘Copy custom options’ action
If you need to add a custom option to a large number of positions, go for it. Edit just one product, use this action, and Magento will take care of the rest.
‘Copy Attributes’ action
Copy attribute values and extend them from one product on a group of positions via mass product update in Magento. It’s more user-friendly than ‘Update Attributes’ option, so give it a try and make your choice.
‘Copy images’ action
Now you can copy images, as well as image info (base image, thumbnail, etc.) from one product to as many of them, as you like. Notice, that current product images are not emptied or deleted while copying.
Sometimes it is necessary to quickly edit lots of text information, for example replace some paragraphs or change the word in all places of the long description. You don’t need to do it by hand anymore! ‘Replace text’ action is there to challenge huge data and help you changing text in various product attributes (name, description, etc.).
'Change Visibility' action
Magento bulk product update also includes an option to change products' visibility. You can either display products particularly in the catalog and search or hide them at all. Select necessary products and apply the action easily and in bulk.
‘Change the Attribute Set’ action
A wrong attribute is used for a product or a group of products? It’s no big deal now! Just make the necessary changes with ‘Change the Attribute Set’ tool, there is no need to recreate the product.
When you need to delete just 5 products (or demo items) – that’s a simple thing to do using the default delete function, and what about 500? With ‘Fast Delete’ even huge tasks won’t be a problem, the system will do everything for you.
‘Remove Relations’ action
When comes the time to change the catalog significantly, use‘Remove Relations’ action to remove all existing relations and start with a clean slate.
‘Remove Images’ action
Enables you to remove images for any number of products in just a few clicks. Select the products on the grid, choose the action and click 'Submit' button.
Append attribute text
Now you can easily change any attribute by appending additional text before or after the selected attribute. This feature allows you to add some specific info to any attribute via mass action.
'Remove Categories' action
This action lets you remove multiple products from any category.
Customize backend permissions
Now you can separate permissions for each action to divide the work between store admins more accurately.
Still undecided? Try a DEMO and see for yourself!
Mass Product Actions Video Review
Yes, you can add a product to several categories. For this, you need to disable showing categories as tree. Read on to see the screenshot.
Yes, you can add cross- and up-sells as well as related products using a multi way algorithm. Go on reading to see the screenshot.
Yes, you can change prices per website. Make sure the price has a desired scope in admin > system > configuration > catalog > price tab.
If you need to change an attribute set, it's possible with Mass Product Actions extension. For this, you need to make changes right on the Manage Products grid. Read on to get compete instructions.Read the FULL answer
Yes, it will as our Mass Product Actions module works with a database directly. You can edit multiple products, just one product, lots of text, etc.
Yes, there is such an option. You can remove all related products, delete cross-sells or up-sells.
Yes, using the 'update attributes' action you can remove or replace a website for a number of products in bulk. To see a step-by-step guide follow the link below.
Any attribute including meta title/description can be changed in bulk with the use of the Mass Product Actions extension. You can make it using the update attributes action. Read on to see the screenshot.Read the FULL answer
No, Mass Product Actions extension won't delete associated simple products in this case. “Update Attributes” is a native Magento mass action and we don't change its behavior.
Can I add a product to more than one category at a time?
Is there a Multi Way option for relating products in bulk?
Can I change prices per website?
How to change attribute set in Magento?
We have an extensive number of products in our store. Will the extension handle this?
Can I clear all related products from items in bulk?
Can I assign, remove or replace a website for a number of products in bulk?
How can I update meta title/descriptions in bulk using this extension?
Will updating attributes of a configurable product delete simple products associated with it?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Amasty thanks a lot for your work and for such a great extension!
Mass product actions mod does everything as described and saves our time a lot. The feature I adore is the possibility to create special prices based on regular prices. I only need to set the amount of percent by which I’d like to increase or decrease the price.
Definitely, a must have extension for every large online store.
Now the app saves me lots of time, I couldn't ask for more!
The only thing that sometimes pisses me off that the company doesn't provide support on weekends and holidays. However, they answer fast on working days.
I purchased a bunch of Amasty's extensions and am very happy with all of them.
The app itself works correctly and is always being upgraded with new actions.
If you need a trouble-free module, I guess this one is one of the best in the market today.
It saves a lot of time. The only thing that if you edit a great number of products (over 1000), it can be slow. We understand that it's normal because the system is changing the database for many products, but it would be great if we could put tasks in a queue.
No bugs, no 3d party conflicts, we hope other Amasty mods we are going to install will also run smoothly and won’t cause us any unexpected troubles. The only thing we’d like to see is the ability to set the start and ending time for special prices.
But what the module is really lacks is the tier price editing feature and as far as I understand it also doesn't allow editing of fix price in bulk. I'd be more than happy if the developer enriched the module's functionality.
This extension is working well with magento 1.8 version and also support guys are very helpfull and quick reply and get solve my problem with in minute.
So i will prefer all of you, we can use it.
I found a bug after I installed this extension. But the support team has corrected the bug in only a few days. It works well now in my shop,which has two languages. I have saved a lot of time to copy the custom options to both store views.
Since I've ordered and added this extension to my shops, I can't imagine working without this tool.
So I would like to encourage everyone to theck this out. And add it to your shop. Simply a Magento must have, without any doubt!
thank you ...
just awsome ;)
thanks Amasty Team
Was very easy to install and support team has gone above and beyond to help me fix a few issues. Great extension, great people.
jhinton, Magento Connect
Thank you for a great extension and support.
richpig, Magento Connect
We had some conflicts between this extension and an other installed extension but with the great and fast support from Amasty it's working fine now!
Extension works as stated and being a "newbie" with Magento, got fast en adequate help from the helpdesk.
One aspect on my wishlist would be to use product sku's instead of ID's for relating products.
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
CE 1.4.x - 1.9.x, EE 1.8.x - 1.14.x
- Fix we fixed the issue with SQL error when using ‘Copy Images’ mass action
- Improvement we implemented a stability update for Magento 1.8.0 and older
- Fix we resolved the problem with copying custom options
- Fix we solved the problem with creating category url
- Improvement We have added a new control field in the extension's settings 'Reindex Data'. Now it is possible to switch off the reindex process after a mass action.
- New now after replacing a category for a product the old URL will be redirected to the new one
- New introducing "Set special price" action and the possibility of date selection for special price update
- Improvement the ability to add spaces at the end of the value for the `Append Text` action was added
- Compatibility the compatibility with the 3rd party extensions was enhanced
- Minor stability improvement: skip empty attribute codes
- Added new action to mass change product visibility
- Added compatibility with the `Amasty: Custom Options for Customer Groups` extension for the `Copy Custom Options` action
- Added compatibility with 3-d party product grid extension
- Improved Copy Images action
- Modified alternative algorithm for the categories tree display
- Warning about configurable products when change attribute set
- New action: Append Text - add text to attribute;
- New action: copy related, cross-sell, up-sells;
- New feature: separate permissions for each actions (ACL) for Backend users;
- Fixed warning on Remove Category and Replace Category actions
- Replace Text action fix
- Workflow improvements
- New action - replace text in attributes
- New action to update all types of price. Can update all "price" type attributes as well as tier price and group price.
- Minor compatibility fix
- Tested with latest Magento CE 1.9 release.
- * minor code refactoring
- New action 'Replace Categories'.
- Optimized code to reduce possible conflicts.
- Relations removal algorithm.
- New action 'Remove Images'.
- You can configure which actions to show on the product grid.
- Additional ways for relating products (ids to selected or selected to ids).
- 'Copy images' action now allows to copy all image info (base image, thumbnail, etc).
- Price rounding works with 0.00 condition.
- New actions - update price based on cost, update cost based on price, update special price using cost.
- Fix for undefined index in categories (for some cases).
- Better compatibility with versions older than 1.5.1.
- New actions: 'Copy attributes', 'Copy images'.
- New actions: 'Relate', 'Up-sell', 'Cross-sell' with linking algorithms.
- New 'Modify Special Price Based on Price' action.
- New 'Copy Custom Options' action.
- New 'Change Attribute Set' action.