Color Swatches Pro for Magento 1
Color Swatches Pro is a Magento color selector module which presents configurable products on a new level by animating boring text attributes. Use advanced color swatches to be creative in your products positioning.
- Use images for attributes selection
- Let customers buy configurables from category pages
- No need to specify price difference for associated products
- Reload product images, name, and description with AJAX
- View configurable swatches details with zoom and lightbox effects
- Fully optimized for mobile
See the examples of Magento 1 color switcher usage in different stores and get inspiration! Click for details:
Let your customers see the final version of the product they are buying to reduce the returns resulting from customer frustration
With this Magento configurable product image switcher customers can select image attributes as many times as they want to see different variants of the product, zoom images and eventually choose what they like.
Reload price of associated simple products automatically
By default in Magento you have to specify price difference for options of configurable products. E.g. color green +$10. No need to do this annoying thing anymore – now price of the simple products will be used automatically. So if you import a few thousand of associated products with updated prices, you will not need to spend a couple days updating price difference for configurable products.
Show prices of simple items as a swatch label
Adjust the display of simple product prices to your needs. With the extension you can show them right under size swatches as swatch labels. This handy option will make your product pages much more visually attractive and improve customer shopping experience.
Display prices of simple products in drop-downs
Now you can display prices of simple options associated with configurable products in drop-downs. It's possible to choose whether to show actual price or the price difference.
Apply images as options for configurable products and make your store intuitive for customers
Upload images for all attribute sets for configurable products and then use the images for selection of configurable product options.
In case you need a solid color for any product attribute you can use our Color Picker option with a color palette. Moreover, it will take you only a few seconds to set a Magento color code thanks to using CSS files.
Use images of associated products for swatches of one attribute, e.g. color
You can save some time by using resized images of associated simple products for swatches of one of the attributes, e.g. color. Also this enables you to have unique Magento 1 color swatches for each configurable product. All you need to do is select the attribute for which the feature should be activated. It can be selected individually for each product.
Images are easier to understand
In fact they are multi-language means of communication, which don't need to be translated. It will be a lot simpler and quicker for customers to select the right options.
Additional usability features
With lightbox and product zoom options you make the process of image viewing a lot more user-friendly. Alternatively you can use images together with text.
Set a default placeholder image for each attribute
Upload a dummy image that will be used if no image is set for the attribute.
Limit the number of visible swatches on category pages
To keep your category pages clean you can manage the number of Magento configurable swatches displayed under the main product image. In case the number of visible swatches is limited customers will see a link like "More Colors Available".
Cross out the swatches of out of stock products
Due to the Out of Stock Option you can indicate which products of particular color or size are out of stock. This will help customers faster make their choice as they will immediately notice which product configurations are not available at the moment.
Add captions for zoomed images
Display text labels together with zoomed product images. Customize label's display by specifying its position, background and text colors.
- Display attribute icons on category pages.
- Let your customers select options and add configurable products to cart right from the category page.
- You can show icons for all attributes of configurable products, so customers will be able to select all product options on the category pages.
- Enhance display of configurable products on category and search results pages by reloading Magento configurable product images when some configuration is selected.
- Use these features to make configurable products easy to buy and get more orders.
- Display Color Swatches Pro with AJAX mode to speed up category pages download (in comparison to "default" extension settings).
- Enable Reindex option to improve category pages performance.
Update product images and description according to customer input (with ajax).
The module can automatically load images and descriptions of the associated simple products chosen by customers. Let’s say a customer chooses nike brand and green color - the extension will show the images and descriptions of the simple product which stands behind these selections. This configurable product images change will let you present products in an attractive way.
Zoom and Lightbox effects work both for default configurable product images and for images loaded based on customer selections.
Automatic selection of attributes if only one option is available
The extension will automatically select value for the attributes which have only one option available. For example, there is a cap which has three colors to choose from. When a customer chooses a color swatch with only one size available, the extension will automatically select the size.
Default image for configurable products with no images
If you haven't uploaded images for some options of configurable products, now you can use default image for such options.
Product image features
- Full size images and zoom of particular details.
- Change thumbnail image size to adapt them to the style of your store and make the thumbnails looks as an integral part of your site design.
- Lightbox option provides a good view of full-size images and user-friendly picture display.
- Zoom effect offers to closely examine all the product details.
- Ability to reset chosen product configurations.
Attribute image features
- Unlimited number of image attributes, which is especially handy when you sell products of high complexity.
- Ability to specify dimensions of attribute images on product and category pages.
- Ability to set up parameters for tooltip display.
- Zoom effect for color swatches on mouse over.
- Attribute images are added by simply dragging & dropping them into place.
Multiple configuration options
- Ability to upload images for all configurable product attributes
- Full control over visual effects and content update features
Share URLs with set product options
Now when you set different product attributes, product page URL is changing. New URL parameters are added to the current URL via # symbol. So it's possible to share URLs with predefined product options.
Possibility to display price for configurable products as "From X.YY"
Thanks to the extension you can show the price of configurable products in the "From X.YY" format. For example, if simple products have a difference in the price and the cheapest is equal to $12.50, you can display the price of configurable item as "From $12.50".
Clearly inform customers about stock situation with Custom Stock Status extension. Create an unlimited number of custom stock statuses, accompany them with nice icons, assign statuses to products manually or automatically and benefit from automatic quantity-based statuses. Let your customers upload images for products with Customer Product Images extension. They will provide real-life examples of product usage and motivate other customers to place orders faster. Furthermore, you can greatly enhance your web store visual presentation with free Amasty product labels' pack.
Wondering how to add Magento product filter "by color"?
Try this Magento color filter extension. Make the shopping process closer to reality - add images to product attributes selection. Allow your customers to use Magento color filter to speed up the choice and benefit from purchases growth.
Yes, the Magento Color Swatches extension with zoom and lightbox can be customized, so that you are able to use the features from your store theme. But you need to disable them in the module. Read on to see the settings.Read the FULL answer
Yes, now you can make all the attributes visible on loading a page for the first time.
With the extension, you can display any product attributes as swatches.Read the FULL answer
Yes, the module supports PNG images as well JPEGs.
Sure. You can use as many attributes as you have in the configurable product.
No, Color Swatches Pro extension supports only configurable products.
Yes, it is possible to change the main image only for one attribute, for example, for “color” but not for “size”.
Yes, but Magento color swatch auto select works only if the preselected option has a single value. In other cases, you can use our Configurable Preselect extension.
Yes, with the extension you can create various attributes. Besides, you can assign images to all attributes, so your customers will be able to choose all the options of a configurable product on a category, product or search results pages. Go on reading to see the screenshot.Read the FULL answer
Yes, it is. The module takes into account custom options’ when it calculates product's final price. Check the full answer to see the final price calculation model.Read the FULL answer
Yes, more than one image can be added for a single product in configurable swatches setup.
Magento Color Swatch hides out of stock products. What's more, you can indicate what items of particular size or color are out of stock. Read on to see the screenshot.
No, we have fixed all jQuery conflicts, so Color Swatches Pro will work on smoothly on your site.
Can I use zoom and lightbox from my store theme?
Can all the attributes be visible on loading a page for the first time?
How to apply images from simple products as swatches for a configurable product in bulk?
Does your extension support PNG images?
Does Color Swatch extension support multiple product attributes?
Does Color Swatches Pro work for bundle products?
Can the main image be changed when only one attribute out of two is clicked?
Can a particular option be preselected?
Can I create attributes different than color and use them in the same fashion?
Can I use Color Swatches extension with custom options for product?
Can I use multiple images for one simple product added to the configurable one?
How are out of stock products displayed?
My site uses jQuery. Will there be any conflicts?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
I recommend it!
Außer Farb, Große usw. gibt es auch Zoom Funktion, das ist das Beste! Dokumentation ist sehr ausführlich, kann man damit sehr gut einrichten und sogar ohne Techkentnisse!
The speed! It makes whole difference. My 3k swatches in db run as fest as just few in original Magento swatches did. Btw, when i tried Magento swatches feature with that number of swatches, i got nothing but time outs. Original Magento does not index swatches in db.
Support. Well, I wish support for America relocate to Caribbean islands (f.i. Guanaja). It would help to intensify
interaction with customers.
Also i expected to get a coupon to the local cinema as a bonus. Well, maybe with next extension.
support is fantastic !!!
I had some problems initially for my custom theme.
but support has been sorted out.
We had to get the developer to change one setting for us and they sorted it without any issues.
Would highly recommend.
The Amasty color swatches pro does exactly what we want, greatly improving the experience of our customers.
Customer and technical service are great, striving to solve some problems we had due to a large number of extensions we have on our shop.
Thank you for your extension and time Amasty!
Much better than I thought. Easy to customise where needed. Brilliant support; helped fix a few issues I had, and desired changes I wanted. Thanks!
The thing I like most is the ability to display the lowest price of a configurable product in a catalog. And of course, presentation of product options is great. It took some time to understand and configure the settings, most of them are quite easy to understand but there are many of them which can be confusing.
There was a minor problem when I upgraded to Magento 1.9. Amasty support fixed it quickly and now it works great again.
Actually with these guys help is always just one email away. That is one of the reasons I like Amasty; their products and post-sale service are both second to none.
I only would like to see some exclusive features in this module; it should do more than all the equivalent products.
4 stars for now but you are on the right track.
The plugin does exactly what we wanted. Set up process was a bit tricky, and support manager cleared it all for us. Very good!
Can’t wait for updates!
As it turned out, the emails were not sent somehow and Amasty never received them. Once it was cleared out and all the issues were fixed, the extension works perfectly so I don't need to cancel the order anymore.
I was skeptical about the extension due to the previous sad experience with similar extensions. But this one works as it promises. Thank you Amasty!
I've been using it for 2 years already. When I upgraded magento to 1.9 I thought that its color swatch would be similar and I won't need Amasty extension anymore. I tried it but soon understood that the extension is much more flexible than the default Magento color swatch. Good job, Amasty.
We highly recommend to use Amasty's extensions.they will make it work for you and help you with anything extension related.
Ivan from support is great!
After we bought Color Swatches Pro we had some problem with theme intergration. Even though those weren't bugs, they were more like extension modifications, Amesty support team helped to solve them.
If you are looking for attribute selector extension with images for sizes/colors/... instead of dropdowns, this is the extension for you.
Great improvement. The build in function from magento 1.9.1 doesn't really help.
The Color Swatch Pro just takes the configurable products function to the next level as there is so much you can do with it to give the customer a more visual look and ability to select products easier.
Easy to install, and work with, but if you do have difficulty Amasty is there to help quite quickly.
Does what it says on the box.
It's brilliant just for the changing as any other website does (no in Magento) but to have the colours too is great.
But hang on, if only that was the end of my review. The support is out of this world. I have purchased a number of extensions from Amasty and whenever I have needed help or even tweaks, they step up and help. No, sorry that will cost you $£$£, no moaning, just happy to help and very knowledgable.
We trust these people so much we have purchased the bulk of all our extensions from them. Fantastic extensions and even more fantastic support! 5* all round!
Hey Amasty, thanks for that extension, it’s great regardless of all the bugs we found!
I even had extra extensions added that color swatches has been integrated into.
I highly recommend this extension to anyone looking to bring great attribute images to your products.
It goes really well with their layered navigation as well!!!
Take a look at our website and see the great work they have helped to make!
Support is 1st class, I had one minor issue with a feature and the support team fixed it within 30 minutes of my support ticket, you can't get much better than that.
I would have no hesitation in buying any Amasty product.
Well done guys!!
You don't want to be woken up at 2am because there is a problem with an extension. These guys write excellent code and support it too.
complicated install on a custom theme and they went above and beyond to get it working.
I have my entire extension budget earmarked to spend with these guys.
I cannot speak highly of them enough.
It looks like you are looking for a swatch solution and probably have evaluated 5 or so competitors. I did the same thing.In fact, I went in detail looking through all the features and ranking them to finally come up with amasty as the winner. save yourself all that hassle and buy this now. set and forget and go back to the fun reasons you started a store!
HolDenWagenHarry , MagentoConnect
These guys are the best, they helped me to integrate the plugin to my custom template - something which was a bit difficult. But to them, they just did I think out of the love for programming and solving problems :)
They have free plugins and obv paid ones, I am now using two of their fantastic plugins and will no doubt be looking to buy some more of them.
DON'T BUY YOUR SWATCHES PLUGIN FROM ANYWHERE ELSE - this is the best one by far. Trust me on this, this one has the most functionality and ease of use. The fact that I can let cusotmers buy from the catalog pages is obviously going to increase conversion rates.
DO INVEST IN THIS IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A BETTER CATALOGUE THAN THE COMPETITION - it's ease of use for customers will pay itself off in only a few sales.
I'm using a custom theme with Wordpress integration and quite a bit of custom code - the plug-in still works really well.
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
CE 1.4.x - 1.9.x, EE 1.8.x - 1.14.x
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Shop by Brand was improved
- Fix an issue with wrong path to .xml file was resolved
- Fix an issue with displaying minimal simple product price was resolved
- Fix Security fixes
- Fix the problem with Reset Configuration link was resolved
- Fix an issue with outside zoom and lightbox was resolved
- Fix an issue with main image in the product images carousel was resolved
- Fix an issue with double popup when using the light box on configurable product was resolved
- Fix an issue with zoom and gallery has been resolved
- Compatibility compatibility with Configurable Product Matrix was enhanced
- Fix an issue with the default configurable product price and tax was resolved
- Fix an issue with Uncaught TypeError in the browser console was resolved
- Fix a problem with the price of configurable products after 'reset configuration' was resolved
- New Support of the fancyBox 3 is added. However it still allows to select the fancyBox 2 or the fancyBox version from the custom theme
- Improvement Added comments to the configuration settings in backend
- Fix several issues were resolved
- Swatches optimization
- Extension configuration page improvements
- Fixed an error for products with no gallery images
- Fixed an issue with the simple product price when 'Catalog Prices: Including Tax' is enabled
- Fixed the issue with the simple product price including the tax
- Other minor fixes
- Fixed issue with custom options when display excl/incl prices on the product page
- Removed the watermarks from the swatches when using the simple product images
- Added the js saving of already uploaded images
- Added the product availability (In Stock / Out of Stock) to the reloaded product info
- Compatibility with 3rd party zoom and and scroll improved
- Compatibility with Product Configurable Matrix introduced
- Other minor fixes
- Added compatibility with Product Media Manager;
- Added compatibility with Magic Zoom;
- Added better compatibility with Amasty Quickview;
- Fixed minor bug with the option label;
- Fixed minor bug with the fancybox;
- Fixed an issue with the reset link;
- Added a new setting "Show all options" on the category page;
- Added a new setting "Show all options" on the product page.
- Fixed an issue with the carousel after image swatch reload
- Custom options compatibility fixes
- A setting to enable/disable Lightbox and zoom
- Possibility to display specified attributes on a category pages (set in settings)
- Minor improvement for image zooming
- Code refactoring for compatibility with Magento custom options in case of using price from simple products
- Added possibility to reload SKU when selecting options
- Minor fix for JS error that appeared in few cases
- Minor fix for price difference display on product view page
- Compatibility with Magento 184.108.40.206
- Compatibility with Magento 220.127.116.11
- New feature: Show simple price in swatch label
- Update elevateZoom library
- Option to add captions for zoomed images
- Possibility to specify CSS selectors for attributes in the backend (improves usability and compatibility with custom themes)
- Possibility to limit a number of swatches (images) visible. When set to certain amount, a link like "More Colors Available" will be displayed.
- Added abilty to display price of simple products in drop-downs
- Minor optimisations for price display
- Image upload block on attribute edit page is now split by pages to optimise upload workflow
- Performance optimisation for loading product price
- Block cache for category pages added to improve load speed
- Performance and compatibility improvements
- Performance increased on large catalogs
- Better compatibility with 3-rd party JS libraries
- Minor improvements
- Minor improvements for color picker and layout
- JS slider added for swatch images on product view page
- Now it's possible to upload a default placeholder image for each attribute
- Product page URL is modified (with #) when changing product attributes, so it's possible to share URL to specific configuration
- Settings block modified to improve usability
- HTML5 file upload and drag and drop features added
- Color picker added: it's now possible to use either uploaded image or selected color
- Optimisation of settings block
- Possibility to display price for configurable products in "From X.YY" to comply to law in some countries requiring to display price variation
- Indexing implemented to improve speed on category pages
- Minor improvements
- Cross out unavailable items with white line
- Swatch settings moved to attribute edit page (separate settings for each configurable attribute)
- New tooltips for swatch mouse over
- Possibility to display zoomed image on mouse over
- Tested with latest Magento CE 1.9 release.
- Code refactoring and optimization
- Minor bugfix for zoom component.
- Speed improvements
- Product thumbnail size setting for category page
- Minor bugfix
- Better compatibility with 3-rd party extensions
- Minor bugfix
- Code refactoring and performance optimization
- Database optimization
- Fix for incorrect special price when reloading product
- Minor CSS fix for zoom component
- Compatibility with 3-rd party zoom plugins improved
- Now it's possible to enable zoom for all types of products
- Incorrect installation script file deleted
- Zoom component replaced with more efficient and powerful
- Zoom functionality totally refactored
- Zoom now supports mobile devices
- Bug fix for category page compatibility
- Better compatibility with 3-rd party extensions
- Code optimization.
- Speed improvement and code refactoring.
- Bugfix of price processing.
- "Title" and "alt" attributes added to image elements.
- Better compatibility with Improved Navigation.
- Ability to take price of associated simple products for options of configurable products.
- Automatic selection of attributes if only one option is available + setting.
- Empty upload fields are now disabled to avoid limit overhead.
- Translation fix.
- Bugfix for titles.
- Fix for incorrect table name.
- Fix for reloading images with 3 or more attributes.
- Code optimization and improved compatibility with 3-party extensions and design themes.
- Ability to use images from simple products for swatches.
- Bugfix of reload of images when first attribute selected.
- Fix for lightbox/zoom in IE7/8.
- Effects for image changes.
- Bugfix for IE.
- Minor design modifications.
- Display of attribute icons on category pages.
- Ability to select options and add configurable products to cart right from the category page.
- Product images on category pages are reloaded when some configuration is selected.
- Fix of compatibility issue with Product Labels.
- Ability to use a default image for configurable products with no images.
- Improved compatibility with 3-party extensions.
- Fixed issue with reload of product image for cases when icons are uploaded not for all attributes.