Delivery Date for Magento 1
Enhance customers’ satisfaction by enabling them to specify preferable delivery dates and time intervals to receive orders. Easily define the dates and time available for delivery.
- Enable visitors to select days and time of delivery
- Exclude any dates from your delivery plan
- Let customers create delivery messages
- Set minimal and maximum delivery intervals
- Customize delivery data display according to your needs
According to the survey, conducted by Econsultancy, 50% of respondents had abandoned a purchase because of inconvenient delivery options. Among the required options mentioned by respondents are a fixed delivery date, next day delivery, 2-hour delivery slots, etc. The conclusion is obvious – customers are not satisfied with standard delivery and demand flexible and individual delivery options to plan their time. If they don’t get the options, they leave your store.
This is the truth of the modern e-commerce world: The product is no longer the king but the service is. And here are the things you can improve with Delivery Date and Time extension:
- Set preferable delivery dates and time during checkout
- Let next-day or the same day delivery
- Control delivery dates seen by customers
- Please customers with 1-2-3-hour delivery slots
- Choose where delivery information will be displayed
- Include delivery data in e-mails and PDF-documents
- Enable admins to edit delivery data
Why Delivery Date extension?
- Flexible delivery schedule configuration
- Manage date and time exceptions
- Create flexible time ranges for delivery
- No more additional calls, customers leave all the necessary info during the checkout
- Reduce abandonment score
- Improve usability
- Delivery process has never been so clear
- Customers will love you
With the Magento delivery extension you will avoid misunderstanding in communication with customers by providing clear and simple delivery process. Specify the dates and time available for delivery and let customers choose the suitable variants.
Let customers select date and time of delivery
The module provides customers with the option of delivery time selection. Now they can set particular days and time periods when they’d like to receive the order. For example, one can choose the day – November 22, and the time interval from 10.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. if it’s available in your delivery schedule. This easy, but very important option significantly enhances customers’ experience allowing visitors adjust delivery time to their personal needs.
Display delivery data in checkout and allow delivery comments
Let the customer see the delivery data in the checkout progress column. Moreover, along with the opportunity to set the preferable delivery date customers get the chance to write delivery comments. Now they can inform you beforehand about their specific preferences which will definitely improve your delivery service.
Set delivery intervals
Use maximal and minimal delivery intervals to customize the most convenient time intervals between the order and the day of delivery. You can also indicate by which time customers should make a purchase in your store in case they want to receive their order the same day or the next day after the order is made.
Send email reminders before delivery
With the reminder option you can inform customers about the upcoming delivery. Specify particular time (in hours) before the delivery to send the reminder. The extension also enables you to send reminders not only to customers, but to their sales representatives as well (available to Sales Reps and Dealers extension owners only).
In the general settings section you can specify:
- Days not available for the delivery
- Delivery comments
- Date format
- Delivery quota per day (NEW!)
Notify customers when the delivery date value is changed
Let customers know if admin an user changes specified delivery date. This small option will significantly improve customer shopping experience and help to avoid delivery date confusion.
Possibility to specify time offset relative to current delivery time
You can set an interval offset for the same day of delivery that will be equal the time between current time and the first delivery time that can be selected by a customer.
The extension provides you with nearly unlimited opportunities for time-table configuration. Specify not only particular days and time intervals to be excluded from the delivery plan, but even date intervals as well.
You can exclude from your timetable:
- Specific days of the week
- Any dates, e.g. national holidays
- Date intervals like December 24 – January 7
- Time intervals like 10 a.m. -11 a.m
Remember the situation when you don’t know the exact time of delivery and spend the whole day waiting? With the advanced Magento delivery tool you can save your customers from time waist by offering time intervals. You can create intervals both manually and automatically for each particular store view.
To start generation you just need to:
- Set starting and ending time
- Specify starting value for position
- Specify the step for position to correctly sort time intervals on the frontend
Easily adjust the display of delivery data like date, intervals or comments according to your needs.
You can display the data at:
- Order grid
- Invoice grid
- Shipment grid
- Order view page
- Shipment view page
- Invoice view page
Decide where delivery info should be included
All the delivery data will be displayed to customers on the checkout page in the Checkout progress column. You can further include this info in order confirmation e-mail or invoice e-mail, as well as in PDF documents like Invoice PDF or Shipment PDF
Place delivery date on the Print Copy of Order Confirmation
Now you can display delivery date values in the print copy of order confirmation which customers will easily find on their account page in the My Orders tab.
The Delivery Date extension employs new API methods
The extension implements the Magento SOAP v1 and v2 API, which offers you more possibilities for e-commerce management. To see, how to get delivery data by API, see the following instructions.
You can enable your managers to edit any delivery data after the order is placed.
To do this you just need to:
- Open the 'Add new role' tab
- Choose custom resource access
- Tick the 'Edit delivery date role' in the folder tree
Learn how Amasty Shipping Extensions help to solve real customers' casesIn our Shipping Guide we explain Magento shipping functionality in Amasty modules and discuss real cases from our support experience.
Yes, you can assign this delivery date feature to any shipping method, thus you can allow customers to choose delivery date and time if they select only particular shipping method/methods. Read on to see how to make the configurations.
Yes, it’s possible. Please go to System > Configuration > Delivery Date > Delivery Date/Delivery Time/Comments Field > Show For Selected Customer Groups Only > “Yes” and then choose the groups you want to apply the changes to.
Yes, if needed, you can change a delivery date and/or time via the Magento admin panel. To see how to make it correctly, read the full answer.
This module is fully compatible with our One Step Checkout. Moreover, we are happy to confirm that our Delivery date is also compatible with other known One Page Checkouts. In case of any issue, we will be happy to fix it for you.
Yes, sure. For example, you may want to exclude some holidays. Navigate to Sales > Exceptions: Dates and Holidays. Here you will be able to add a date which will be removed from the calendar only once or on a yearly/monthly basis. The same can be done for date intervals.
Yes, it's possible. In case you wan to limit delivery time for same day orders, you need to enable the 'Disable Same Day Delivery After' option and set a time period you need.
Yes, this data can be added to the grid. You can also sort orders by delivery date or time. Read on to see the settings.
Yes, this can be set in System > Configuration > Delivery Time > Enable Delivery Time. This setting is available on a store view level, so you are free to control which delivery date/time options should be available on different store views.
A Delivery Date can be shown in pdf invoice via settings made in the 'Include Into' section. Go on reading to learn how to make it correctly.
Yes, there are three main date formats configuration you can choose from. Follow a complete answer to learn the settings.
This requires customization. Address our support team for assistance.
Yes, sure. That’s how our Delivery Date extension works: no previous delivery intervals allowed.
Can I assign this shipping date module to a shipping method?
Can I make Delivery Date available only to certain customer groups?
Can I change delivery date info in Magento admin panel?
Does this Delivery date work with One Step Checkouts?
Can I exclude certain days from the delivery calendar?
Can I limit delivery time for same day orders?
Can I see delivery date and time info on Magento order grid?
Can I let customers select only delivery date and not time?
How to show Delivery Date in pdf invoice?
Can I change the date format?
Can I create different time slots for different days?
Can a customer be not able to select previous time?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
The first attempt to install I was not able to make things work properly but a short time later the problem was solved and now we have a Pick up Date and Time available for our customers to set and our Admin to see in the order.
Oh BTW, when I contacted support asking a question about the functions they responded and were very courteous.
I hope in the future updates, they will update this extension and include a function like redmart's schedule picker where there are huge visual blocks where you can pick and see if there are still slots left for the current time interval. Similar to the Slot Booking extension by Silvertouch.
So far, this is the most complete solution for your delivery schedule needs. :D
They not only look into the issue in every aspect(code, front-end, admin) but also inspect on the other company extension and inform back their extension also having issue too.
The settings are not very complicated but still you should take time to study them as each mistake in configuration can have negative results. For example, we offer same day delivery and let customers know about that with special labels. But the quota was set to default 1 and at first I couldn’t even understand why we got only one same-day delivery each day. So be careful.
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
CE 1.4.x - 1.9.x, EE 1.8.x - 1.14.x
- Fix the issue with the delivery date displaying on the Order page was resolved
- Fix the issue with error logging was fixed
- New Delivery Date can be required to select only on frontend
- Delivery Date block was moved under Shipping Methods selection
- Added option to show/hide extension fields based on selected countries
- Added possibility to save "Include into" and "Display on" fields without selecting any options
- New API methods implemented (SOAP v1 and v2)
- New feature allows to specify exact working days as exceptions to delivery dates.
- Compatibility improvements with third party extensions
- New feature: it's now possible to specify "Minimal Delivery Interval" per product, which will overwrite value specified in the general configutaion
- Minor fix for disabling time intervals and default delivery date value
- Better compatibility with 3-rd party checkout extensions
- Compatibility with Ebizmarts Sage Pay Suite extension
- Length limit for comment field
- Fix for next day delivery at the junction of months
- Fix for disabling time intervals
- Fix for re-ordering via backend when delivery date was not specified for original order
- Fix for 12 PM time conversion
- Better compatibility with PayPal payment options
- Compatibility with 3-rd party checkout extensions improved
- Improvements for time intervals logic
- Minor bugfix and improvements
- Possibility to clear delivery date values for some order from the backend
- Minor workflow improvements
- Possibility to specify time offset relative to current time for the same day delivery
- New setting to ignore delivery date exceptions for admin: admin can select any delivery date.
- Fix for default delivery date value being set incorrectly in some cases
- Better compatibility with Extended Order Grid extension
- Minor improvements
- Option to set maximum order quantity per time interval
- Possibility to display Delivery Date values on the Print Copy of Order Confirmation (Frontend)
- Added Delivery Date Reminder and ability to send reminder emails to appropriate Sales Reps (when having Sales Reps and Dealers extension installed)
- Possibility to notify customer when admin changes Delivery Date value
- Compatibility improvements
- Bugfix for delivery date being duplicated in the payment section on checkout
- Bugfix for calendar component issue on the orders grid
- Better compatibility with Order Attributes extension
- Specify delivery date/time/comment when editing or creating order from the backend
- Possibility to display delivery date fields only for specified customer groups
- Possibility to set daily quota of deliveries
- Possibility to pre-select date field value on checkout
- Fix for error when trying to generate PDF from invoice/shipment grids.
- Fix for filter by date on order grid
- Correct support for locales
- Setting for date format
- Template files rebased
- Better compatibility with older Magento versions
- Minor bugfix
- Fix for calendar component when today is disabled for delivery
- Possibility to hide/show delivery date, time and comment fields based on current shipping method selected (separate setting for each field)
- Support for shipment e-mail.
- Minor bug fix.