Facebook Feed for Magento 2
Make advertising via Facebook Dynamic Ads easier by using this Magento 2 Facebook feed extension for quick and accurate product feed generation. Attract more customers to your Magento 2 store with always up-to-date info about your products on social media.
- Use a handy Feed Wizard to set up Facebook product feeds in 4 steps
- Apply templates to quickly generate feeds in line with Facebook requirements
- Create feeds manually and automatically
- Schedule automatic updates of your Facebook feed
- Create an unlimited number of product feeds
- Create Facebook product feeds for different store views
What a Facebook Product Feed is
Facebook is considered the top social advertising channel by 72% of B2C marketers and 43% of B2B marketers. If you also leverage Facebook Dynamic Ads to offer your products to the right people and at the right time, you definitely thought of a tool to generate data feeds for your Facebook Product Catalog.
A Facebook product feed is a file that contains data about all the products you want to advertise. It includes such information as unique IDs, pricing, stock availability presented in line with Facebook standards. Such feeds allow uploading products from Magento 2 to Facebook Product Catalog in bulk instead of handling them individually.
Facebook Feed in 6 steps with the Feed Wizard
Facebook accepts Google feeds as well as long as they meet their requirements. The Google Feed Wizard included in the extension will minimize your efforts by guiding you through 6 stages of Magento 2 and Facebook integration.
Step 1: Set up the basic settings.
Step 2: Map your categories according to Google requirements with autocomplete.
Step 3: Specify product attributes that will be included in the product feed.
Step 4: Add any additional product attributes you wish.
Step 5: Schedule the feed generation process.
Step 6: Choose whether to upload your feed to the Google server automatically.
Magento 2 Facebook Feed: Simplify Feed Generation
Work with products of all types and different attributes
As extension can handle all types of products, you are free to choose any type (simple, virtual, bundle, configurable product, etc.) that you need to create conditions for feed generation. Also, you can include products in a Facebook product data feed with regard to their category and attributes.
Generate Facebook feeds per store view
While generating a product feed, you can specify the store view and base currency. This way, you can carefully plan how to use Facebook to promote your products worldwide.
Exclude certain categories to make the path concise
Sometimes products can be featured in more than one category, for example, Sales and Accessories. In this case, you can mark the categories that you want to skip while generating your Facebook data feed.
Create feeds in different formats
This Magento 2 extension allows creating feeds in a bunch of file formats, including XML, CSV, and compressed ZIP, BZ, and GZ files. For sure, all of them are supported by Facebook.
Exclude unavailable products from the feed
Generate the feed without disabled, not visible and out of stock products. As customers see only available products, they spend less time on additional information acquiring. Find the option on the General tab of the feed creation settings.
Leverage Google Analytics
Enable the connection with Google Analytics to get reports in your GA account. For this, you need just to fill UTM parameters in a special tab of the extension. Once ready, you can go straight to GA and keep monitoring your campaigns.
Apply relevant price types
Specify the price type that you need in the Feed Wizard (minimal/maximal price, final price, price with TAX (VAT), etc.
Automate feed generation
The cron option allows you to deliver product feeds automatically. Choose the most suitable time and frequency (hourly, daily, weekly, etc.) and let your Facebook feeds be always up-to-date without extra burden on webstore performance or your constant control. This way you can schedule price and availability updates of your Facebook feed.
Submit feeds from Magento 2 to Facebook via FTP/SFTP
Is your catalog updated often? Is your feed hosted on an FTP client? Consider scheduling regular updates of your Facebook catalog by configuring FTP/SFTP settings in the extension and Facebook Catalog Manager.
- Choose manual or automatic feed generation mode;
- Retrieve Facebook-compatible product feeds from Magento 2 Product feeds grid;
- Pick custom prices and attribute values for every Facebook feed;
- Create custom and user-friendly URLs to redirect customers to particular store pages;
- Apply flexible conditions to sort products;
- Add product images, thumbnails, and product attributes to Facebook product feeds;
- Include GTIN (Global Trade Item Number) attribute in a Facebook product feed;
- Include MPN (Manufacturer Part Number) attribute in a Facebook product feed.
More than just for FacebookIt is likely that Facebook is not the only shopping engine that you use to advertise your products. With this module, there is no need to look for extra tools. The Magento 2 Facebook Product Feed extension provides settings and templates to generate data feeds for multiple engines, including Google, Bing, Shopping.com and others (using custom forms).
After uploading the feed to Google Merchant Center I'm getting issues and the feed is not accepted on the Google side. How Can I solve them? Please click 'Read FULL answer' link below to see the most frequently reported issues.
In most cases, this error appears when special characters inside tags are present in your feed file. Please use HTML escape option for such tags to solve it. Proceed to the full answer to get a step-by-step guide.
There are two factors that may affect scheduled feed generation. Please proceed to the full answer to find the most common reasons that may prevent your feed from being generated at a specified time.
What should I do if Google Merchant Center rejects my feed?
We get 'XML formatting error' upon uploading our feed file to Google Merchant Center. How can we solve it?
What should I check if the feeds are not being generated on a daily basis?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
You can always download the recent version free of charge from your account
Installing an upgrade is easy — check now
- Fix we solved the problem with running integrations tests
- Fix we resolved the problem with generating feeds by cron
- New we added a new option that allows you to use multiple threads to minimize the required time for feed generating
- Fix we solved the problem with feed generation if conditions were set empty
- New we added 4 new templates for Amazon marketplace
- New now, the extension includes a new option that lets you choose a folder where your generated feeds will be saved: var or media
- Improvement we replaced symbols "&" and ">" to codes in Google Feed according to google requirements
- Fix we resolved the issue with saving category filter
- Fix we fixed the problem with getting full product url
- Fix we implemented a stability enhancement with creating Google Feed
- Fix we solved the issue with missing conditions
- Fix we resolved the problem with the display of additional modifiers fields
- Fix we implemented a stability enhancement with generation product feed in Magento Cloud
- Fix we resolved the issue with displaying base images in the media gallery
- Fix we fixed the issue with not existing class: 'Class Amasty\Feed\Model\Rule\getValidFeedProducts does not exist'
- Fix we fixed the possible problem while installing the extension via composer that appeared after the last update
- New we covered the extension with Unit Tests
- Improvement we deeply refactored the extension's code making it faster and more stable. Please, completely remove the 'app/code/Amasty/Feed' folder and copy the new version of the extension there, if you previously installed it by copying files. Updating via composer needs no extra actions
- Fix the issue with creating a feed file with compression was resolved
- Fix the 'Cron Schedule List' extension being the part of 'Product Feed' is now available for installation via composer
- Fix the error 'Something went wrong: Notice: Undefined offset:... ' while creating a CSV feed file for Magento 2.2.7 CE was resolved
- Fix the issue with assigning a newly created category to a Google category by mistake was resolved
- New we have added 'if not empty' and 'if empty/not empty' modifiers
- New now it is possible to use the image of a parent configurable product for a child simple product
- Improvement we have improved the feed generation process to make it more stable
- Improvement the security was enhanced
- Improvement now it is possible to generate feed via CLI. Use commands 'feed\:profile:list' to get the list of profiles and 'feed\:profile:generate PROFILE_ID' to start the generation of the profile.
- Improvement the ability to use store view-specific values in a product feed file was added
- Improvement a feed name was added to the feed download link
- Fix the module.xml file code was updated
- Fix the issue with images while selection 'additional images' while feed generation was resolved
- Fix the issue when feed generation starts at the wrong time was resolved
- Fix the error while feed generation with the setting 'Use for promo rule condition' = Yes was fixed
- Fix the issue with catalog price rules while feed generation was resolved
- New the ability to manage all existing cron tasks on a Cron Tasks List grid in backend was added. Run cron tasks and generate their schedule by clicking the ‘Run Cron’ button. Also, delete tasks in bulk, use filtering and sorting options when it is needed
- Improvement We have moved the feed cron job to a separate cron group. Now when feed cron task is in progress it doesn't affect the execution of other cron tasks. It is possible now to launch feed cron job with the following command: bin/magento cron:run --group="amasty_feed" command
- Fix the possible issue while setup:upgrade was fixed by adding a dependence from Magento_Config module
- Fix issue with excluding categories when editing category mapping was resolved.
- Fix issue with special price was fixed.
- Fix issues with wrong product URLs were resolved.
- Fix CDATA related issues were fixed.
- Improvement link to the FAQ article regarding feed validation was added.
- Fix html-markup inconsistency was fixed.
- Improvement new attribute "categoryID" added.
- Fix issue with downloading the feed was resolved.
- Fix issue related to inability to proceed to the next step when using Feed Wizard was fixed.
- Fix issue related to attribute values inconsistency across different stores was fixed.
- New the "optional" modifier for XML feeds was added. It provides the ability not to display the attribute with an empty value
- New the feed generation pop-up window was improved. Now, it displays an approximate feed generation time, the number of products, and provides the errors output (in case they arose in the process of generation)
- New the "feed preview" function for quick preview of a feed format without the feed generation was added
- Improvement now, the feed grid displays additional information: the number of products in the feed, the date of the last feed generation and the current status of the feed
- Improvement the ability to select several days of the week for a feed generation by crone was added
- New hints for category names according to Google Taxonomy were added
- New the Google Feed Wizard was redesigned - options from Custom Feed were added
- Improvement the reference information about the launch time of the latest cron jobs was added to the Configuration settings of the module
- New new modifiers, namely: Uppercase, Capitalize, Round, If Empty, To secure URL, To unsecure URL, were added
- New the ability to set modifications - change the price, replace the value with text - for Custom Fields was added
- New the ability to send email notifications on the successful/unsuccessful results of feed generation by cron was added
- New the feed generation queue settings were redesigned. Now, the feed generation will be carried out weekly on the selected day and time period
- Fix the issue with uploading via FTP was resolved
- Fix the issue with duplication products in feeds was fixed
- Fix the issue out of stock products was resolved
- Fix the issue with product URL's when products don't have URL rewrite was fixed
- New the ability to create rule based values for custom fields was added - now you can combine several fields to get one value depending on conditions
- Fix the issue with the invalid xml custom feed was resolved
- New the ability to add the timestamp of a feed creation in the xml feeds header was added
- Fix the issue with the updating of the extension to the new versions was resolved
- Improvement the ability to test FTP/SFTP connection, while configuring the feed, was added
- Fix the issue with duplicate products in the generated feeds was resolved
- Fix the issue with products without category in the feed was resolved
- Improvement now, the extension works through indexing. The feed generating time was improved
- Fix the incorrect column name with fields enclosed by "None" in CSV exporting was fixed
- Fix the issue with saving several categories mapping was fixed
- New the easy-to-copy link to the generated feed on the grid was added
- New now, 3 new settings, that allow excluding disabled, not visible and out of stock products, are available in custom feed
- Fix the issue with batch size was resolved
- Improvement the code was enhanced
- Improvement the stability of feed generation process was improved
- New Information section is added. Now you can see the version of installed extension, available updates, User Guide link, conflicts and other useful data right on the module Configuration page
- Fix installation issue was fixed.
- Improvement Google Analytics hints are now more consistent
- Fixed an issue with attribute type Multiselect not being exported correctly
- New 'Product ID' attribute is now possible to export
- New In this release, we've implemented the Google Feed Wizard. Now you can set up custom feed profiles for Google Merchant just in 4 steps. This option you can find in Products -> Feeds -> Profiles -> Setup Google Feed.
- Improved Magento 2.2 compatibility and migration from older versions
- Fixed rare case of feed templates being unintentionally deleted
- Magento 2.2 compatibility improved
- Fixed redirect behavior when attempting download feed from removed profile
- Fixed the issue with saving feed profile by using template
- Magento 2.2 compatibility introduced
- New now you can make Feed ignore certain categories in Category attribute and Category mapping output
- Fixed generation issue for very large catalogs
- New You can now control whether the shortest or longest category path will be used in output URL
- Number of minor fixes
- Product Enabled and Stock Availability conditions are now available by default
- Fix for incorrect product URLs in a feed in some cases
- Optimized product validation when generating feed
- If no products match condition, empty feed will be generated (instead including full list of products)
- Parent data fetching for XML feed type
- A number of minor improvements
- Now it is possible to compress feeds in ZIP BZ or GZ archives to speed up downloading
- New field available: Price with TAX(VAT)