Customer Attributes for Magento 1
Customer Attributes Magento 1 extension is a powerful tool to get the necessary data directly from your customers in an easy way. Place fields on registration page to know age, preferences and interests, receive documents and all other information you may need.
- Add unlimited number of fields to registration page
- Effectively manage the collected data in admin panel
- Multiple field types supported, dependent attributes, etc
- Find out personality and behavior of your clients
- Activate new customer accounts manually
- Conduct an effective customer segmentation
- Collect all necessary info about customers;
- Make your store user-friendly;
- Take advantage of easy attribute management;
- Try numerous attribute capabilities;
- Get more information about newly registered customers;
- Watch the video review to get even more details;
Get all business-related and personal information needed
Our Magento 1 customer attributes extension enables you to create unlimited number of additional Magento registration fields to collect as much information as you need. You can let customers upload documents, images, let them select from available options, type their own text, leave comments, etc.
Make a big step to customer loyalty
Collect info about your customers to fulfill more of their needs. Find out the key reasons for choosing your store as well as the things your customers are not satisfied with. Know your customers’ personal information such as date of birth, hobbies and make specials according to this info. For example, you can send discount coupons on special occasions! Let customers feel they are taken care of and they will pay you back.
Show additional fields to your customers In your Magento Registration Form
Gather information from as many customers as you can by displaying attributes both at the registration page and billing info page (for the customers who register during checkout). You can also check out our Order Attributes module that collect customers' address info.
Collect different types of information
Get graphic or text information by creating customer service attributes of different types. Let the customer answer open or closed questions, upload any file, e.g. photo, document or a passport scan or choose from the list of options.
See all the attribute information on the grid
With ‘Manage customer attributes’ grid you can see all the details of created attributes at a glimpse. The grid contains information on the attribute type, sorting order and where the attribute is shown.
Choose the order in which attributes are displayed
Optimize the list of attributes in the way your customer won’t get tired while filling in the Magento registration fields. Specify the order of attributes display for better information perception.
Easy attributes sorting in the backend
Now all the custom attribute fields that you've created for customers will be automatically displayed in your backend in the same order. This option will significantly optimize customer info processing by allowing faster and easier find necessary fields in the admin panel.
Hide the custom registration fields on Account Information page and Billing page if they had been filled in before
Sometimes it’s really not necessary to bother customers during the checkout. Now you can remove the custom attributes from Account Information and Billing Information pages if they had been filled in before (e.g. during registration).
Build handy usage reports with visual graphs for selectable attributes
With the reports tool you can easily keep track of customer attributes usage. See detailed statistics based on various selectable attributes such as checkboxes, multiple selects, drop-downs and radio buttons. Use customer data for your marketing goals.
Upload images for checkbox and radio button field types
Uploading images in addition to text descriptions will make your registration page both more visually attractive and more user-friendly. Some options may be difficult to understand, so the images will help customers to make the right choices.
Use dependent attributes
Have a long list of attributes? Need to ask for additional information only when a customer selects a particular option? Make attributes display only when a particular value of other attribute was selected. E.g. show the list of European divisions to choose from only when ‘Europe’ region is selected. Or ask for detailed description of the issue if the customer’s answer for ‘Are you satisfied with our service?’ is ‘No’.You can ask what customers like about your products the same way.
Place static information on registration page
Use static text Magento 1 custom fields to display the info, which customers should learn during registration process (e.g. terms and conditions).
Use any custom attribute for login
Let customers use any custom attribute for login either instead of or together with email. If used together, customers will be able login either with email or with the custom attribute. So you can allow customers to login with their usernames instead of emails for example.
Choose additional custom attribute for “forgot password” functionality
Now in your Magento 1 you can add special customer attributes to make the password recovery process even more convenient. Let them use the same custom attributes as they use while registration to retrieve forgotten passwords.
Talk to customers in their native languages
The module allows selecting store views on which to display the attributes in Magento registration form. Setting unique field title and default values for each store view gives much convenience, if you have a multi-language store. Make your customers pleased by creating the custom attributes in their native languages. You can also remove or add fields to registration form for certain store views in cases, when some fields are country-specific.
Use standard address fields during registration
With this option you can enable standard registration fields right on the page of account creation so that customers won’t have to specify these data during the checkout process.
Convenient tool to segment your customers efficiently
Add customer attributes to Magento ‘Manage customers’ grid, sort and filter customers by the attributes. Find common features to define customer segments and adjust your marketing accordingly.
Both admin and customers can manage the attribute values
Admin can fill in the attribute fields when creating a customer account from admin panel. Both customers and admin can edit attribute data. Admin can fill in attribute fields, when creating a customer account from admin panel. Of course, admin can restrict editing of some fields for customers.
Show the attributes on the order grid to improve order processing
You can display attributes on the order grid to see important customer data, e.g. billing company, right away. This makes order processing faster and more convenient. The attributes can also be seen on order view pages.
Analyze customers’ behavior
Displaying attributes on the order grid, you can analyze the connection between customers’ personal info, let’s say hobbies, and the products they buy. This will help you to create more targeted and thus effective marketing campaigns.
Activate new accounts by customer group or email domain
You can automatically activate new customer accounts for the selected customer groups or email domains. Also, with the extension, you can let customers to select a customer group during registration.
Approve all customer accounts in a click
With the Magento Attribute extension, you can enable all new customer accounts that are in the 'Pending' status in a mouse click. Use the 'Activate' button in the module settings.
Customer attributes in email templates for guests and clients
You can include custom attributes in customer-related emails (e.g registration confirmation, password recovery, etc.) as well as in emails for store guests such as special offers, sales events, reminders, etc.
Specify customer attributes for orders placed on the backend
Now admin users can manually specify additional customer attributes when they create customers for orders placed from the admin panel. Customer attributes can be also added to already existing order pages.
Export of the custom attributes
It is possible to export customer attributes using standard magento export functionality.
Variety of attribute types:
- text field;
- text area;
- checkboxes and radio buttons;
- multiple select;
- date fields;
- static text;
- file upload;
- customer group selection;
- Ability to include attributes in customer-related emails (e.g.registration confirmation, password recovery)
- Now in your Magento - Dependent attributes functionality
- Multiple options for attribute display: registration page, billing info page, customer account, ‘Manage Customers’ grid, order grid, order view pages. You can enable and disable display of fields for each of the above locations.
- Ability to upload images for checkbox and radio button field types
- Optional verification of unique values for attributes
- Ability to display customer attributes on the list of customers, which is displayed while creation of order from admin panel.
- RUT validation (specific field validation for Chilean market)
- The extension supports Magento SOAP API
- Validation rules for Brazilian CPF (Cadastro de Pessoas Físicas) and CNPJ (Cadastro Nacional de Pessoas Jurídicas)
Activate new customer accounts manually
By default all new registered customers of Magento store are activated automatically. Customer Attributes extension gives you a possibility to manually approve customers after their registration. This measure ensures that the account is associated with an actual person, rather than with a computer that is setting up fake accounts.
Forbid ‘Log in’ and ‘Check out’ actions for non-activated users
In case admin hasn’t activated a customer, the user can’t proceed to checkout or log in. Instead of these operations he receives the note of non-activated account.
Get notifications of every new customer registration on your email
With the help of Customer Attributes you can set up the notifications about newly registered customers. This useful option allows you to activate new customer accounts in time and keep a track of every new registration. If it's required you can sent these notifications to several admin emails.
Notify customers of their account activation
Send welcome nurturing emails for new subscribers and gain more customers’ loyalty.
Customer Attributes Video Review
Having decided to add new attributes inside a form, all you need is to insert a special code into the template. Go on reading to copy the code and make all the settings correctly.
Yes, you can add new Magento custom fields to the sales grid to sort and filter by them.
Customer Attributes extension provides an option to export submitted values. However, there is no way to import this data.
Each customer attribute created by our extension can be seen on one store view and hidden on another.
Yes, it's possible to set different attributes per different store views. If you have a multi-language store, you can create the attributes in customer native language and remove/add fields to the registration form depending on the store view.
Yes, all the new custom attribute fields for a customer will be automatically shown in the same order in your backend. You can add custom attributes to a customer profile and see the result immediately in the backend. Read on to see the screenshot.
You can use new attributes with API having created two files and added them to different directories. Continue reading to see how to make correctly.Read the FULL answer
Yes, you can add the attributes to all customer related emails using special variables in the custom attributes configuration. Read on to get a step-by-step instruction.
Yes, Magento registration fields can be changed, since the module has dependent attributes functionality. This means questions display specific questions depending on the answer to the main question.
Usually Amasty extensions have no conflicts with other 3-d party modules, but in case there will be any, just contact our support team. The module is 100% compatible with our One Step Checkout plugin.
Yes, attributes created using Customer Attributes extension are available via Magento API. These attributes work in the same way default do (like first name, birth date etc.). All actions that are possible with the default attributes, are also possible with the custom ones.
For getting the variable in the email template you need to create a new template, get the customer attribute value to it through the code and assign the new template.Read the FULL answer
With the usage of the module, you can output the value using a line of code. The patch and the settings are highlighted in a complete answer.Read the FULL answer
How to add new attributes inside a form?
Can I use created customer attributes on sales order grid?
Is it possible to export/import created customer attributes?
Can I use Customer Attributes only in one store in a multi-store configuration?
Can I use different customer attributes in my multiple store views?
Will new attributes be seen when creating a customer from backend?
How can new attributes be used with Magento API?
Can I add created customer attributes to order emails?
Can registration fields be changed depending on customers’ answers?
Will this Customer Attributes extension work with one page checkouts?
Are customer attributes available using the Magento API?
How to output the customer attribute value in the e-mail template?
How to get/output customer attribute value via PHP code?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Works brilliantly, and support is excellent.
We ran into a few issues because of conflicts with other modules on our website and the Amasty support team resolved them for us and the turnover time from support is very quick and in no time I had all my issues sorted.
I am very happy with the extension and the support I received.
The one more great advantage is that the settings are very intuitive and can be easily configured by any newbie like me.
The Customer Attributes extension ran into a couple of software conflicts with other author's software. Amasty fixed the problems for no extra charge.
I recommend this product!
there was a small issue due to another extension from a third supplier. the Support of Amasty has taken care of it immediately and very professional
this is not my first purchase from Amasty and it will not be the last one.
I recommend Amasty for every Magento Shop Owner.
After a Magento upgrade along with the installation of other 3rd party modules, we also encountered some compatibility problems. However one of Amasty's developers logged into our system the next day and was able to identify and fix all of the problems.
We are very satisfied with our purchase and the support received.
Their support team is really quick and comprehensive.
Would recommend to everyone that need to quickly add customer attributes.
An support so fast !!
Had an issue, being solved very effectively and quickly by the support.
RFE: will be very nice to be able to define a custom pattern/regex for field validation without having to touch PHP code.
The customer service from Amasty is excellent, we had an issue and they didn't give up until it was solved.
Great extension and great support from Amasty!
This functionality has greatly helped me in sales analysis. I've added my new custom attributes to the sales report and now I have a more detailed picture.
Excellent support from module developers.
Special thank you to Dzmitry Smolik :)!
I highly recommend the tool if you need to collect some customer data without any additional efforts.
The only issue is that their support team never works during the weekend, so I had to wait for two days until they replied to my ticket and helped to eliminate the conflict with another app. Nevertheless, the tool itself is very handy and properly displays all specified attributes on the frontend.
We started to look for some solution and turned to this module. And it does exactly what we were trying to arrange! There is no more need to bother clients with any additional questions, all we need to know fits in just a couple of fields. Brilliant solution! Our customers and our staff are both really happy!
Go on working, Amasty!
But please add support on weekend. I had a conflict on my store and I had to wait till Monday (turned the ext off before help came).
Unfortunately, we didn’t use other features that much so I can’t say how they work and we didn’t need any assistance as it was easy to set up this single feature.
I also appreciate the quality of support. We had a trouble and it looked like the customer couldn’t complete the registration. I called the support and we were helped quickly (the reason was not exactly in the extension… but nevertheless).
this particular extension can slow down the pages a bit (not everywhere, though). we received a couple of recommendations how to speed it up - however, looks like it's not completely the module's fault. still, the features are great and support is very friendly.
We used the extension to enable filtering of orders by a customer attribute that we created.
We have many different types of customers, and it would be great to see an, "add tab" feature in the backend to keep the fields grouped and tidy.
We installed this on magento 184.108.40.206, there were some problems by some conflict with another extension but amasty team resolved it perfectly. Thanks Dzmitry and all the team.
The customer service provided by Amasty has been nothing but exemplary. Support have answered all questions posed to them with speed and efficiency. Amasty have made our list as one of the best developers for Magento we have found and would most certainly deal with them again as well as recommend them to anyone looking at this module or any other they provide.
Thanks Amasty for your great help, we see us again for sure!
Stefan M. Moser,
Works great with import/export because the use magentos attribute logic.
Overall a great module and a impressive fast and good support
I had a problem on the layout, the support gave me a hand and it works perfertly
One of the points I raised was actually a Magento configuration setting, but support was pleasant enough to answer it anyway. The point that was related to the Customers Attributes extension, support actually did a custom fix on my site to get it to work.
Based on the support interaction alone, I'd recommend Amasty extensions.
I highly recommend looking into what this mod can do for your store.... there are many possibilities. An easy one is to find out how new customers heard about you - Google, Bing, website, referral, etc.
Amasty support is top-notch w/ emails being answered usually the same day (sometimes within just an hour or less).
A+++ developer and modules!
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
CE 1.4.x - 1.9.x, EE 1.8.x - 1.14.x
- Improvement we reviewed and enhanced the code
- Compatibility the compatibility with the 3rd party extensions was enhanced
- Fix the issue with the error on the order grid for the outdated Magento versions was resolved
- Compatibility the compatibility with PHP 7.2 and Amasty 'One Step Checkout' extension was enhanced
- Fix the issue with displaying date -type attributes in the backend was resolved
- Fix the issue with requiring activation for a customer when the option had been switched off was resolved
- New the ability to add the validated email domains to the customer account activation settings was added
- New the ability to activate all customers with the 'Pending' status was added
- Improvement the file downloading process was enhanced
- Improvement the stability improvements with the 3rd party checkout extensions was made
- Improvement the stability enhancement was implemented
- Fix the issue with the default checkboxes on the 'Options' tab of the 'Edit customer attribute page' was resolved
- Fix the issue when a customer has been logged out if not activated was fixed
- Fix the issue with saving attribute values for guests was fixed
- Fix the issue with creation/saving customers from the backend was resolved
- Fixed issues with the multiselect and date fields on the Amasty One Step Checkout
- Compatibility with Amasty One Step Checkout extension is added
- Compatibility with several 3-d party checkout extensions, minor improvements.
- Fix for filtering by customer attribute on the orders grid page
- Minor improvement related to correct translation of one option value
- Admin routing patch (SUPEE-6788) compatibility
- Index for guest attributes added to improve speed
- Improvement for setting default values of attributes for existing customers
- Minor improvement for account confirmation email logic when customer activation enabled
- Minor notification improvements for reports
- Customer attributes can now be specified when creating customer during placing order in the backend; and on the create/edit order page
- Possibility to build usage reports with visual graphs for selectable attributes (checkboxes, multiple selects, drop-downs, radio buttons)
- Customer attributes for guests can now be used in e-mail templates
- Customer attributes are now saved for guest orders
- Fix for automatic login after registration when customer activation enabled.
- Possibility to send customer registration notification to multiple admin e-mails
- Minor improvements
- Possibility to automatically approve customer based on customer group
- Some improvements
- Minor code refactoring
- Customer activation feature implemented
- Minor bugfix
- Possibility to login by attribute on checkout
- Minor code optimisation
- Now it's possible to enable standard address fields for customers during registration
- Validation rules for Brazilian CPF (Cadastro de Pessoas Físicas) and CNPJ (Cadastro Nacional de Pessoas Jurídicas) - in cooperation with Alberto Camin
- Possibility to use custom attribute for "forgot password" functionality
- Possibility to make attribute required only on front-end
- Ability for admin to quickly enable/disable display of fields on frontend
- Correct sorting of attributes in the backend (sorting order works in the backend now)
- Precise adjustment for attribute display on front end.
- Ability not to display attribute fields in Customers Account Information page and Billing page, if they were filled in before.
- Trigger for 'Date' field.
- ‘Type’ field added to Customer attributes grid.
- Fixed issue with customer group selector.
- Fixed issue with Admin Access Control List.
- Fix for customer group selector.
- Improved compatibility with custom design themes.
- Fix for unique value check on billing information step.
- Fix for deletion of customers.
- Bugfix for visible on frontend setting being saved incorrectly in Magento 1.4.2.
- Bugfix of attribute display for cases when 'All Store Views' option is selected.
- New attribute type - file upload.
- Selection of customer group on registration.
- Bugfix for table alias, table index keys, customer group selector, incorrect display of Yes/No attribute.
- New attribute type - 'Yes/No'.
- Fix for Magento 1.4.1.x (undefined Mage_Customer_Model_Form object)
- Fixed issue with dependent attributes in IE browser.
- Fixed issue with validation of mandatory attributes during saving of customer accounts.
- Ability to show customer attributes on order grid
- Optimized grid integration, which minimizes chances of conflicts with other modules
- Easier installation process (for Magento of versions 1.4.2 and newer it is not needed to patch the templates)
- Dependent attributes. This feature lets you display certain attributes only when a particular value of other attribute was selected.
- Ability to make fields read-only. Customers can view the values specified in such fields and not edit them. Only admin can edit such fields.
- Static text field. With the help of this field you can to display text to customers on registration or customer account page. E.g. terms and conditions.
- RUT validation. Specific field validation for Chilean market.
- Ability to display attributes in account information section on order view pages in admin panel.
- Additional setting for display of attributes on registration page.
- Ability to display customer attributes on the list of customers, which is displayed while creation of order from admin panel.
- Compatibility with Magento 1.6.
- Performance optimization.
- Improved compatibilty with 3-party customer-related extensions.
- Ability to use any custom attribute for login either instead of or together with email (if used together, customers will be able login either with email or with the custom attribute).
- Two new field types - checkbox and radio button
- Ability to use images for checkbox and radio button options
- Ability to automatically verify that customers fill in unique values for attributes
- Fixed issue with orders placed from admin panel for Magento 1.4.2
- Compatibility with Magento 1.4.2
- Multiple select fields
- Ordering of fields on front end
- Ability to indicate at which store views the custom attributes should be displayed
- Added compatibility with 3-d party "Customer Activation" extension
- Added compatibility with Magento 1.4