Cross-Sell / Upsell Products for Magento 2
Increase trust in your shop by delivering offers with a higher value to customers. Use Magento 2 Cross Sells extension to increase the number of spontaneous purchases, average cart value, total sales and customer satisfaction.
- Boost store revenue with cross-selling and upselling products
- Create custom rules for automatic item relation
- Consider views and purchases to offer upsells and cross-sells
- Manually add more items to auto-suggested product offerings
- Suggest only in-stock goods to maximize spontaneous sales
Why do you need to integrate cross-sell / upsell?
The cost of acquiring a new customer is five to seven times greater than the cost of retaining or expanding an existing customer account.
Existing customers are more likely to place larger orders and upgrade to a broader product and service mix.
Make sure customers know about all the services and products you provide. Create valuable offers that establish trust between your company and buyers.
Large companies like Amazon use this strategy by showing cross-selling blocks 2-3 times per page, which generates up to 35% of revenue.
MAGENTO 2 CROSS-SELL / UPSELL PRODUCTS EXTENSION VS.
Why can OOTB related products fail?
- Default product relation rules are often not enough
- Limited accuracy of suggestions
- Manual adding of upsells/cross-sells for every single item
- Out-of-stock items are included
How can Cross-Sell / Upsell Products module help?
- Multiple conditions and flexible product relation rules
- Algorithm-driven high precision suggestions
- Automatic generation of upsell/cross-sell blocks
- Items suggestions based on customer behavior
- Product recommendations inspired by statistical insights
- Quick and easy configuration
- Stock availability is taken into account
Magento 2 Cross-Sell / Upsell Products Module Key Features
Display cross-sell / upsell products the way you need
Pick how many products to show so as to keep an attractive and easy-to-navigate appearance of your store. Decide for yourself whether to replace or complement manually added product suggestions with the module recommendations.
Use stats wisely to improve suggestions
To increase the relevancy of automatic suggestions, define the time when the module can collect the most accurate data about your store visitors (for example, peak hours). Based on such data, Magento 2 Cross Sell will show the items that your customers are most likely to add to their carts.
Boost revenue by showing in-stock items only
Cross-selling and upselling suggestions make no sense if they feature unavailable items. Such cases can only damage shopping experience as customers waste time exploring something they can’t purchase. To ensure you don’t miss your selling opportunities, enable the module to automatically exclude out-of-stock products from the list of relevant Magento 2 cross-sells or upsells.
Assign related items for each product
As you edit product attributes, you can manually assign specific positions that will be recommended. They will be displayed on a product page, and you can set certain cross-sells or upsells to maximise the accuracy of recommendation and raise customers’ satisfaction. This task can also be performed via creating rules, in case if there are too many products to proceed them manually.
Maximize profits with analytics
Analyse how each rule performs with Magento 2 Up Sell. Get useful insights and understand which configuration has the biggest success to timely modify your marketing strategy and grow revenue.
Customize upsell/cross-sell block display
This Magento 2 extension makes creating cross-selling and upselling blocks incredibly easy. You can set them at any place of your online store, including categories, product pages, shopping cart. To blend with store content and implement such marketing strategy in an unaggressive way so customers won’t reject it, you can set up a custom block name — for example, instead of the usual ‘You May Also Like’, try ‘This Product Will Perfectly Work With’ to attract buyers’ attention.
GraphQL integrationDue to compatibility with GraphQL you can expose product data like SKU, name, link, image, price etc. to build PWA/JS based frontend. In simple terms, GraphQL support allows you to hide the complexity of existing systems. You can design a frontend that looks like a real app in a browser to create a user-friendly interface.
Use upsells to make customers purchase more expensive items
Using Magento 2 Upselling extenstion is a win-win strategy to increase sales. Customers benefit from being aware of more advanced and more feature-rich products. At the same time, you gain from higher total sales as upsells normally cost more than the products a customer is considering. The key to upselling success is to offer close or full substitutes that can satisfy customers’ needs even better, though with a tiny difference in price. The main challenge is to present a higher priced item in a way that clearly states which additional value customers get in return for their money.
Show only relevant upsells
The Magento 2 Cross Sell Products extension allows you to tweak multiple parameters as well as add custom rules using the Data Source option.
Place promotions block anywhere
Carefully plan where to locate blocks that drive customers to upgrade their purchases. Many merchants use the main page to introduce new arrivals, limited editions or special deals to customers. On a product page, buyers need to see relevant, related products as they know what they are looking for. Cart page blocks are great for increasing transaction value with small related items.
Create limited time deals
You can set a time period during which an offer is valid with Magento 2 Cross Sell Products . For example, you can launch a 24-hour quick sale for expensive items that you know customers are interested in but refrain from purchasing because of the high price. This strategy can help to increase the number of spontaneous purchases by pushing buyers with the time limit.
Specify price conditions
Limit the list of suggested cross selling vs upselling products with regard to their price (higher or the same as the product in cart) to make sure you increase your total sales.
Mind product categories
You can decide whether to offer items assigned to the same or a different category. For example, you can draw attention to a more powerful product that is now in the Sales category.
Implement cross-sells to grow average cart value
Cross-selling and up-selling encourages a customer to spend more money by suggesting items from other categories which complement the main product. Quite often customers don’t even know that such items exist before they come across your smart suggestions. Efficient magento cross sells usually cost less than half the price of the in-cart product and are small and natural additions to the purchase (like a camera case to a camera or a comb to a cashmere throw).
This Magento 2 Cross Sell extension allows configuring cross-sells in a few clicks. Just specify the required parameters, and your cart page will be ready to generate more spontaneous purchases.
Show products based on the number of views or purchases
Let the cross-sell extension for Magento auto analyze which products are often viewed and bought together and recommend items that perfectly complement your customers’ purchases.
Use more than interactions history to show cross-sells
In addition to “Bought together”, “Viewed together”, and “Currently viewed”, now the extension allows you to apply sophisticated rule combinations and this way ensure the ultimate accuracy of your cross-sells suggestions.
Fine-tune precise product-relation rules
You can create as many diverse relation rules as you need to make item suggestions accurate and relevant. By combining multiple conditions, you can design sophisticated rules that encourage the sales of particular products.
According to the statistics, the extension can cover each business need in synergy with the following solution: magento 2 notification messages.
How to add cross-sell products to Magento 2?
- Navigate to Catalog > Inventory > Products;
- open the needed product in the edit mode;
- in the Related Products, Up-Sells, and Cross-Sells section, click Add Cross-Sell Products;
- select needed products from the list and click Add Selected Products;
- save the changes.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
Magento 2.2, 2.3, 2.4
- Improvement we enhanced the speed of GraphQl queries
- Fix we resolved the issue with missing store views in corresponding column of Rules grid
- Fix we fixed an error on Shopping Cart page caused by usage of rules with non-existing attribute
- Fix bundle items with customizable options are now added to cart as expected
- Fix we resolved the issue which occurred upon application of several rules with 'same as' condition to the same page
- Fix we resolved issue on checkout page with Magento 2.3.2 and less
- Improvement now discount label on main product get hidden if all bundle products are unchecked (to avoid possible confusion)
- Improvement we added new variable to use in Upsell Message for Bundle Packs which matches the total discount amount (if discount is applied to main product)
- Improvement we reviewed and improved application of 'ALL' type condition in case of no attribute value assigned to the product
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento MSI was improved
- Compatibility we upgraded compatibility with read GraphQl
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Mega Menu and Request a Quote was enhanced
- New now the extension is covered by MFTF tests, which will help to improve its quality and stability
- Improvement we rechecked and established correct dependency on jQuery UI library
- Fix we corrected minor visual imperfections on bundle pack edit page in admin panel
- Improvement we implemented major performance enhancement
- Compatibility compatibility with read GraphQL was enhanced
- Fix issue with creating related product rule was resolved
- Improvement minor improvement was implemented
- Fix we resolved issues with per customer group configuration implementation
- Fix we fixed the incorrect display of configurable product price in mini-cart
- Improvement we reviewed and enhanced the security level of the plugin
- Fix issue with customer group restriction was resolved
- New we added the option to show only the current category’s products on a category page. If you need to draw attention to products from the category with particular characteristics - you are free to use this option to achieve the goal
- Improvement we enhanced the performance of rules' application on large catalogs
- Fix minor styling fixes were implemented
- New we added the option that allows you to define the quantity for each Bundle Pack Product in a bundle pack
- Improvement we added an ability to choose a custom position for bundle packs to make them organically fit the design of your product pages
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Shop By Brand and Thank You Page plugins was improved
- Fix issue with saving of bundle pack without customer group assignment was resolved
- Fix issue with bundle pack discount amount calculation was fixed
- Improvement minor improvements were implemented
- Compatibility we enhanced the compatibility of the module with Porto theme
- Fix issue with showing out of stock products was resolved
- Fix issue with bundle pack prices was fixed
- Fix issue with showing custom blocks was resolved
- Improvement extension was covered by unit tests
- Fix issue with Customer Group condition was resolved
- Fix the compatibility with old Magento versions was improved
- Improvement code was refactored according to Magento Standards
- Improvement extension was covered by unit tests
- Fix an issue with Same as Conditions was resolved
- Compatibility now the module is read compatible with GraphQL. It allows exposing product data like SKU, name, link, image, price, etc. in order to build PWA/JS-based frontend
- Improvement the performance enhancement was made
- Improvement for the 'Bought Together' items the system takes into account only products purchased in one order
- New the ability to manage all existing cron tasks on a Cron Tasks List grid in the backend was added. Run cron tasks and generate their schedule by clicking the ‘Run Cron’ button. Also, delete tasks in bulk, apply filtering and sorting options when it is needed
- Compatibility the compatibility with the 3rd party extensions was enhanced
- New ability to display dedicated Bundled Packs promo listing page was added
- New ability to display Bundle Packs block in Shopping Cart was added
- Improvement minor enhancements were made
- New ability to display upsell hint messages about the bundle packs promo in the shopping cart was added
- New ability to set time period for bundle pack promo was added
- New ability to position related products block in the separate product tab or above the product description was added
- Fix a minor issue with prices was resolved
- New allows admin to create Bundle Packs rules and offer customers a discount on the group of products purchased as a bundle
- Fix an issue with the view together and bought together sorting was resolved
- Fix an issue with a view and click statistic was fixed
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento 2.2.7 and higher was added. The issue with orders placement was resolved
- New ability to monitor rule performance statistics (Views, Clicks, CTR, Orders, and Revenue) was added
- New a slider option is now available for related products block
- New ability to preview product list in Magento backend based on the selected conditions was added
- Fix an issue with 'If ALL of these conditions are FALSE' for the 'Same As' feature was resolved
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento Cloud was improved
- Fix an issue with 'same as' attribute condition for the products with unspecified attribute was resolved
- Fix an issue with custom themes and rule for All Store Views was resolved
- Fix an issue with install script relaunch was resolved
- Improvement the rule configuration settings were enhanced
- Fix an issue with 'Same as' condition for the category was resolved
- Fix the issue with ACL resources was fixed
- Fix the issue with upgrading module from old version was fixed
- New the extension code has been completely renovated. It makes the module significantly more flexible and provides new functionality. Important! After this update, all the rules created previously will be disabled. It's recommended for admin to recheck the rules configuration before enabling them.
- New ability to create rules for assigning up-sell, cross-sell and related products automatically were added
- New now admin is able to select the place where the related products blocks will be displayed
- New flexible conditions for defining related products allow admin to select products based on their attributes
- New auto-generated products could be selected from the same attribute value, e.g. the same brand, the same color, price or size
- New ability to set the priority for the rules. Rules with higher priority (1 is the highest) will be executed in case some products fall under several rules
- Improvement the admin panel user interface was enhanced
- Fix the problem with the memory limit after reindex was resolved
- Fixed an issue with the indexer
- Fixed an issue with indexing the rule that is not found
- Fixed an issue with applying limitations for all product relations
- New Added the 'Product Currently Viewed' data source. Now, you can display products without the sales/views history, from the same category, from the same brand, based on their price, or using all the mentioned conditions simultaneously.
- New data source: Product Attributes. Now, you can show related products based on the rules of product attributes.
- Fixed an issue with duplicate products
- Fixed an issue with showing products in the UpSell block
- Fixed an issue with the product display in the upsell block
- Fixed cart cross-sells issue.
- Enterprise Edition compatibility improved
- Multiple various fixes
- Few minor fixes