How to upgrade Magento to the 2.4.2 version?
Magento 2.4.2 version was released in February. It includes important fixes to core code and more than 30+ security enhancements.
What’s new in Magento 2.4.2?
There is a large list of features that were added and updated in the Magento 2.4.2 version. Among them:
- Improved framework quality
- Significant security improvements:
- > 35 security fixes and platform security improvements.
- Cookies now support the SameSite attribute.
- Fixed CSP violations.
- Elasticsearch 7.9.x and Redis 6.x support
- Performance improvements:
- Supports complex catalogs up to 20 times larger than in previous releases.
- Improved API performance and admin response times for large catalog deployments.
- Adobe Stock Integration v2.1.1.
- GraphQL update:
- Localization support
- Comparison list support
- Remote purchasing assistance support
- PWA Studio enhancement:
- Internationalization and localization
- Performance optimizations
- Enhanced extensibility
- Media Gallery enhancement:
- New Role Resources for Media Gallery give merchants the ability to limit admin access.
- Ability to use web-optimized image rendition
- MFTF 3.2.1 available
How to upgrade your Magento version to the latest?
First of all, you need to have at least Magento 2.4.1 installed. Otherwise, you need to upgrade your Magento to this version to be compatible with Composer 2. After that, you have to make several prerequisites:
- determine whether your current catalog search engine is supported
- complete the Update and upgrade checklist
- set the pub/ directory root
- check PHP and environment settings
- switch to maintenance mode
- check the status of cron jobs
- install the Composer update plugin
This is followed by the update process, which is complex, and some of the site's functions may stop working.
To make the process go smoothly, you can use our Magento 2 Upgrade Service. Our trained specialists will help you update your site to the latest Magento 2 version, making sure all features are working as expected.