or search frequently asked questions:
Yes, you can choose to notify a customer when the order status change occurs.
1. This setting is applicable on an order status level, i.e. you can choose which order status changes should trigger email notifications.
To enable notifications, please navigate to Sales -> Order Statuses -> Create a new order status -> E-mail notifications and switch 'Always Notify Customer By E-mail' to 'Yes':
2. Additionally you can control email notifications on an order level. For example, you choose not to send alerts to customers for some particular order statuses changes but you need to notify the customer of a particular order. In this case you can do that from the order view page:
This happens because Magento limits status length by default. To fix the problem concerning Order Status extension, please execute the following 3 queries to your database:
ALTER TABLE `sales_flat_order` CHANGE `status` `status` VARCHAR( 196 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NULL DEFAULT NULL ;
ALTER TABLE `sales_flat_order_grid` CHANGE `status` `status` VARCHAR( 196 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NULL DEFAULT NULL ;
ALTER TABLE `sales_flat_order_status_history` CHANGE `status` `status` VARCHAR( 196 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NULL DEFAULT NULL ;
After that please flush cache storage.
The "Edit Default Statuses" button does not appear since Magento 1.5 version when Magento introduced it's own system for editing default statuses (System -> Order Status).
The "Edit Default Statuses" button shows up only on Magento 1.4. In more recent Magento versions that button has no sense.
The notions “order state” and “order status” are usually mixed up since their names and functions are quite similar.
An order state is a position of an order in an order processing flow. Magento has the following pre-defines order states:
- Pending Payment
- On Hold
- Payment Review
Each Magento order state can have one or more order statuses assigned to it. This makes order processing easier and helps to add some flexibility to it.
For example, a “Pending Payment” order state can have the following order statuses:
- Pending Payment Paypal
- Pending Payment Card
- Pending Payment Store Credit
- and the like.
Magento provides a number of order statuses out-of-the-box but to make order management simpler you can create custom order statuses. For this:
- go to the Admin Panel>System>Order Statuses;
- click the ‘Create New Status’ button;
- fill in all the necessary information in the ‘New Order Status’ page;
- click ‘Save Status’;
- assign a recently created status to a particular order state.
Besides, you can avail of our Magento Order Status extension. With the use of the module, you will manage to:
- Change orders status notifications automatically or manually;
- Assign a unique email template to each status;
- Sort orders by statuses, etc.
To get more customers involved and increase your current order rate, simplify your checkout page with our One Step Checkout extension for Magento 1.
- Magento 1 Extensions 144
- Navigation & Search 10
- Customers' Data 24
- Catalog Management 24
- Promotions 21
- Shipping 11
- Product Page Improvement 24
- Order Management 24
- SEO Optimization Tools 18
- User Experience 20
- Checkout 12
- Images & Media 12
- Recent 19
- Free Magento Extensions 16
- All-in-one Solutions 4
- System Administration Services