One Step Checkout For Magento 2
or search frequently asked questions:
- Choose "Required" or "Optional" in the Show Tax/VAT Number drop-down menu in Stores > Customers > Customer Configuration > Name and Address Options.
- Scroll up to "Create New Account Options" and enable "Show VAT Number on Storefront".
- Finally, go to System > One Step Checkout > Manage Checkout Fields drag and drop VAT filed from disabled fields section to Enabled. Save changes and flush Magento caches.
Check the website frontend. VAT field is now shown on the checkout page.
What is it good for?
Address Auto Suggest (powered by Google Places API) allows to fill in shipping/billing address fields conveniently, using only a part of address as a base.
Fewer actions are needed to place an order. Moreover, you have less chance of receiving mistakes from the customer's side, which is also equal to less chance of Cart abandonment and misdirected shipping.
How it works?
Once a customer starts filling in the first address field, a dropdown with address choices will appear.
The proposed choices are based on a customer's actual location (the closest go first).
Once any of the proposed options is chosen, Country, City, Postcode, Address will be filled with selected data.
How it looks?
For Magento 1:
For Magento 2.1+:
How to enable it?
API key is required To use Address Auto Suggest. Google account with enabled billing is necessary to obtain one.
To create an account on Google (if necessary), please use this guideline.
Then, please proceed to this page to create a new API key. ('Maps API' should be selected at first step).
If you do have a project on Google Cloud, you can skip the abovementioned steps. For existing projects, API key can be created here.
Key is ready!
At your Magento instance's Backend, please open System > Configuration > Amasty Extensions > One Step Checkout , Google Autocomplete tab.
For Magento 1 version:
For Magento 2.1+ version:
Choose 'Yes' in the 'Enable' field and add the key below.
Flush cache - and, next time any customer would reach your Checkout, Address Auto Suggest will appear for them!
1. Basic troubleshooting
Address Auto Suggest is enabled but the drop-down menu doesn't appear. 'Enter a location' prompt doesn't appear in the Address field.
The problem is that the key has been added but not saved.
At System > Configuration > Amasty Extensions > One Step Checkout , Google Autocomplete tab please re-add your API key.
Then, 'Save' and flush the cache.
Upon reaching Checkout my browser displays location disclosure prompt.
Knowing customer's location is necessary to propose addresses nearest to him for auto suggesting.
For better privacy sake, however, a customer may decide not to share his location information with API - auto suggest results can be less precise in this case.
This behavior is being controlled from web browser's side.
Address Auto Suggest worked right after adding the key but ceased to work afterwards
Please check content of this page.
If you see only 'Add billing account' prompt here - it means that your Google account doesn't have Billing enabled, thus API calls limit for it is too short.
If you have more than one project at Google - please make sure that your new Billing account is linked with proper project. It can be checked here.
After successful Billing creation & linking up to 15 minutes should pass - API call limit will become more adequate afterwards.
First Address line is blocked at Checkout.
Most frequent cause is a misprint in API key.
At System > Configuration > Amasty Extensions > One Step Checkout , Google Autocomplete tab please re-add the API key.
Then, 'Save' and flush cache.
2. Troubleshooting via browser's Console
This one is completely harmless, no additional actions required, shouldn't affect anything.
To allow Places API, please choose either
- to keep key's 'API restrictions' tab empty (to allow all API calls, handy for testing purposes)
- or to add Places API allowed here:
To solve it, please choose either
- to add [*] to this API key's 'HTTP referrers (websites)' permissions (will allow ALL websites to use this key, could be convenient for tests but not recommended)
- or to add [this_Magento_frontend_URL/*] instead of just [*] (to limit to this Frontend only).
- Magento 1 Extensions 125
- Navigation & Search 9
- Customers' Data 19
- Catalog Management 20
- Promotions 17
- Shipping 8
- Product Page Improvement 19
- Order Management 21
- SEO Optimization Tools 18
- User Experience 18
- Checkout 12
- Images & Media 9
- Recent 30
- Free Magento Extensions 16
- All-in-one Solutions 4
- System Administration Services