Magento 2 Import Configurable Products
To simply create and import configurable products without time loss follow the three clear steps.
Magento 2 import configurable products in CSV:
Step 1: Find a CSV file
¡In case you have already downloaded the sample file, skip the step!
- Log in to your Admin Panel and navigate to System>Import:
- Make the next changes in the Import Settings tab:
- Entity Type - Products;
- Import Behavior - Add/Update:
Field separators can vary, you can find which one to use in your case in the Imported file:
- Click the Download Sample File option and save the CSV file on your computer.
Step 2: Fulfill the CSV file
- Once downloaded, open the file:
- Check you know these rules before filling in the CSV file:
- list children products before configurable ones;
- prove the value in the ‘attribute_set_code’ column matches the name of the Attribute Set;
- enumerate all the attribute set values for each child product in the ‘additional_attributes’ column;
- fill in the set of SKU and Option in the ‘configuable_variations’ column;
- check the correlation between the Attribute Code and the Label name in the ‘configurable_variation_labels’ column.
Step 3: Import CSV file
- Get back to the Admin Panel>System>Import>Import Settings. In the Select File to Import field click the Choose File option, select your CSV file and click the Check Data button:
- You will get a validation result in case everything is correct:
- Click the Import button and get one more validation notification:
- Go to the frontend to make sure everything works the way you needed.