What is SAP and why do you need to integrate Magento 2 with SAP?
What is SAP?
SAP stands for Systemanalyse Programmentwicklung and translates like System Analysis Program Development. This is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) software that helps to create a centralized data management system. It combines information from all business departments and facilitates a smooth workflow and knowledge exchange.
What benefits does Magento 2 SAP integration have?
Integration of Magento 2 and SAP will help you with the following points:
- Make informed decisions. SAP simplifies strategic plan creation. You can not only see and analyze the full story of your store but also have the information from all your colleagues in one place. Thus, you see the real-time situation entirely.
- Track your finances. You can track online and offline orders, see new supplies and financing of supplies. Financial planning and reporting will be easier because SAP often provides new updates to meet the requirements of standards and regulations.
- Increase customer engagement. Integration of Magento and SAP optimizes interaction with your clients. It helps you provide a personalized experience on any step of communication. Your employees can find full info about any client to make a unique offer.
- Automate business processes. Use machine learning, personalized KPI dashboards, and other features to speed up work.
How to integrate Magento 2 and SAP business one?
There are 2 ways:
- via special connector of Magento 2 and SAP;
- via Import and Export extension.
The main difference between them is that a connector is developed for Magento 2 integration with SAP B1 and doesn’t support any other platforms.
When Import and Export extension is a universal data migration tool that provides a smooth connection with any ERP/CRM systems and 3rd-party sources. It supports API integration and works independently via Cron. This gives you more flexibility. You can switch ERP at any moment without a need to look for a new integration solution.