How to export orders to CSV in Magento 2?
This article will help you determine how to export orders to CSV in Magento 2, covering the following steps:
- Navigating to the admin panel
- Filtering and selecting specific orders
- Configuring export settings
- Downloading the CSV file
CSV stands for Comma-Separated Values. These values are displayed to represent data as plain text and define individual values with commas. A CSV file is suitable for smaller data sets and is preferred by many e-commerce storeowners because it’s a simple and user-friendly option to understand crucial data.
Magento 2 Export Orders CSV Programmatically
One option for exporting orders to CSV in Magento 2 is exporting orders programmatically. To export orders with this method, complete the following steps:
- In vendor/magento/modules-sales/view/adminhtml/ui_component/sales_order_grid.xml, create a new column.
- Change the sales_order_grid table using the following schema: ALTER TABLE `sales_order_grid` ADD `custom_product_name` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL ;
- Once your order is submitted, run the Observer option.
- Select the Export option to export orders to CSV.
Magento 2 Export Orders to CSV From the Magento Backend
Another solution to export orders to CSV in Magento 2 is using the Magento backend. You can use this method by taking the following steps:
- In your Magento admin, select Sales → Orders.
- Configure your export settings in the Orders panel, which will include these columns: Purchase date, Purchase point, Bill-to Name, Ship-to Name, ID, Status, Action, Grand Total (Base), Grand Total (Purchased), Braintree Transaction Source, Allocated sources.
- In this section, you’ll have the option to export your orders. Select the Export option on the dropdown menu, then select CSV.
- Select Export to download the CSV data files.
Magento 2 Export Orders to CSV Using Extensions
If you’re not interested in exporting your Magento orders to CSV programmatically or through your store’s backend, you can export orders using a Magento 2 extension like Amasty’s Magento 2 Export Orders solution.
This Hyva-compatible extension will cover all the difficult parts of exporting orders using CSV to provide a simple and efficient way to access e-commerce data. The Magento 2 Export Orders extension allows you to complete the following steps of exporting orders to CSV:
- Creating and exporting profiles in 6 formats
- Finding and including order entities in the export file
- Matching name requirements and sorting for your export fields
- Filtering your orders by value
- Running profiles by schedule, event, or manually
- Configuring compatibility without developing through third-party connectors
Export Orders Extension from Amasty
Exporting your Magento 2 orders to CSV is crucial for accessing and understanding crucial data about your e-commerce store. The simplest solution to complete this process is Amasty’s Magento 2 Export Orders extension, which covers all the complex steps for you!