How to reindex Magento 2 from admin panel?
If your index becomes corrupted or is packed with outdated information, it’s time to reindex. Knowing how to perform a Magento 2 reindex from admin is important to ensuring a seamless website performance with up-to-date, accurate data that keeps your store running smoothly.
But how can you optimize your Magento 2 store’s performance by reindexing directly from the admin panel? Read more to find out!
Reindexing With Magento 2 Admin Panel
While you might consider using SSH/CLI to reindex your Magento 2 store, this isn’t always necessary. A simple way to perform a Magento 2 reindex without SSH is using the Magento 2 admin panel.
You can reindex your Magento 2 store from Magento’s admin panel in the following steps:
- Log in to your Magento 2 admin account.
- Go to System → Index Management. This step will take you to the panel with all indexe statuses.
- Choose indexers with the status Reindex Required.
- Select Actions → Update on Schedule.
- Choose the Submit option to apply these changes to indexers. This process will allow your indexers to automatically reindex during the next cron job task. To ensure the Update on Schedule option works, ensure your cron jobs are running correctly on your server.
Now, you can keep your Magento 2 store updated with relevant information and data!
What About Reindexing With SSH?
While it’s possible – and often simpler – to conduct a Magento 2 reindex without SSH, there are times when you’ll need to reindex instantly or when reindexing from your Magento 2 admin panel isn’t ideal.
To help you reindex your store no matter its needs, here is a quick guideline for reindexing with SSH/CLI:
- Log in to your Magento 2 store via SSH/CLI and locate your store’s root.
- Run the following command in the root: bin/magento indexer:reindex.
You’ll know whether the reindex was successful if you see the following log:
- Design Config Grid index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:00
- Customer Grid index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:00
- Category Products index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:00
- Product Categories index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:00
- Product Price index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:01
- Product EAV index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:01
- Catalog Search index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:01
- Stock index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:00
- Catalog Rule Product index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:01
- Catalog Product Rule index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:00
Find the Best Way to Perform a Magento 2 Reindex From Admin With Amasty
The best option for reindexing your Magento 2 store is performing a Magento 2 reindex from admin. The simplest way to perform the reindexing process is using Amasty’s Magento 2 Reindex from Admin solution, an administrative extension covering all your reindexing needs.
From reindexing Magento 2 backend data in one click to automating the reindex process and more, Amasty’s Magento 2 Reindex from Admin solution has what you need to succeed!