What is the difference between Magento and WordPress?
Have you decided to launch your website and now are confused about what CMS to choose? In this article, we’ll explain the difference between famous platforms: Magento 2 and WordPress.
Have no time to read? Watch this short video to learn the difference between Magento and WordPress in less than a minute:
Similarities of Magento 2 and WordPress
These 2 CMS have many aspects in common. Both of them are:
- Highly customizable through code or by plugins implementation;
- SEO and mobile-friendly;
- Offer various free and paid design templates.
But despite all these similarities, these platforms are completely different and serve different purposes.
Differences between Magento 2 and WordPress
The core idea of these platforms is completely different:
- Magento 2 was designed as an e-commerce solution and is usually used to build an online store.
- WordPress is rather a choice for bloggers.
Thanks to different plugins, you can definitely add a blog page to your Magento 2, for example, by using our Blog Pro extension, and vise versa, launch online sales on WordPress by enabling WooCommerce plugin. But these platforms (Magento 2 and WP) don’t compete directly. To make it clear, check the table with the main built-in features of each platform:
Magento 2 vs WordPress: which to choose?
There is no need to compare Magento and Wordpress and decide which is better because these platforms are too different. Your choice depends on what goal your future website has.
Choose WordPress if:
- You need a simple website for placing information about your product without buying and selling features.
- You are not sure about your technical knowledge, and you don’t want to spend money on professional development.
- You have an offline store, and you want to attract customers from online sources.
Choose Magento if:
- You want to sell goods or services online.
- You have good technical knowledge, or you are ready to hire a developer/agency.
- You need a scalable online store with a flexible payment and shipping system.