How to configure persistent shopping cart in Magento 2?
A Magento 2 persistent shopping cart saves all the products that customers have added to the cart up to a year. How does it look like? Say, a user has added some goods to the shopping cart and left your store without completing the purchase. The same visitor comes back two months after and, thanks to the persistent shopping cart, he can see all the products he wanted to purchase last time. The shopping cart will be the same on any device, but a user must be logged in.
The persistent shopping cart can boost your Magento 2 sales and decrease cart abandonment rate. Let’s see how to configure it.
Step 1. Log in to your Admin Panel and go to Stores > Settings > Configuration.
Step 2. Open the Customers tab and select Persistent Shopping Cart.
Step 3. Uncheck the Use system value checkbox and set Yes in the Enable Persistence line. After that, you will be able to configure 5 more options:
- Persistence Lifetime (seconds): Here you can set how long you need to store shopping cart data in seconds. The maximal number is one year or 31,536,000 seconds.
- Enable “Remember Me”: This option turns on/off the ability to choose if your customers want to save their info on the log-in page or not. Select No to save customer information by default.
- “Remember Me” Default Value: Choose what option will be set in the “Remember Me” checkbox by default. Set No, if you want to leave it empty.
- Clear Persistence on Sign Out: If you want to save shopping cart persistent even when your customer logs out from your Magento store, set No in this line.
- Persist Shopping Cart: This setting defines if you want to save cart data even after the session cookie expires.
Step 4. When you are ready, save the configurations.
Also, you can configure the wishlist option that can meet the same needs as a persistent shopping cart for your customers and get the maximum results with our Wishlist extension.