How to install Magento 1 and Magento 2 extensions by Amasty?
Extensions Installation for Magento 1
Magento extension development is half the battle, the other half, is to let you know how to install our modules. Each Amasty extension pack includes module files, an installation guide, a user guide and license text. Depending on the extension you purchase, there also may be import files which can be used by you as examples.
Amasty modules are easy to install. All you need is to have FTP/SSH access details, and follow 3 steps to complete.
- Unpack a "zip" file you download.
- Upload all files from the "Step 1" and then from the "Step 2" folders to the root folder of your Magento installation.
- Clear the cache.
If you are using code compilation, before installing the extension it's necessary to disable it! After you install, click the "Run Compilation Process" button in Admin - System - Tools - Compilation to recompile.
Please also check the extensions installation video guide:
Extensions Installation for Magento 2
- Unpack the extension ZIP file on your computer.
- Connect to your website source folder with FTP/SFTP/SSH client and upload all the files and folders from the extension package to the corresponding root folder of your Magento installation:
Please use the “Merge” upload mode. Do not replace the whole folders, but merge them. This way your FTP/SFTP client will only add new files. This mode is used by default by most of FTP/SFTP clients software. For MacOS it’s recommended to use Transmit. If you install several extensions from Amasty, they will contain same files from the Base package — feel free to overwrite them, these are system files used by all our extensions.
- Connect to your Magento directory with SSH.
- Run 3 following commands:
> php bin/magento setup:upgrade
> php bin/magento setup:di:compile
> php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
Extensions Installation for Magento 2 via Composer
You can either use the manual method described above or install extensions for Magento 2 running Composer. Look here to learn how to install modules via Composer.
Still unsure? Have complicated configurations or a lot of modules? We can offer a professional installation service as well!