Magento 2 Stores and Timezones Configuration
Having installed Magento 2, you should complete the general settings for your e-commerce website. To hunt down a question of the backend navigation and find a full list of settings you can make there, see Magento 2 Admin Panel Tutorial.
Magento 2 Configuration Settings
- Log in to the Admin Panel and then go to Stores>Configuration:
- Select General from the left-side navigation menu:
- Choose Locale Options from the drop-down menu to complete the next settings:
Timezone: set the timezone of your store;
Locale: choose a default language;
Weight Unit: choose the weight unit you need, either kilograms (kgs) or pounds (lbs). The unit will be applied to the products of your store and weight shipping;
First Day of Week: configure a work calendar for your store;
Weekend Days: choose the weekend days for your store.
- Save the changes right now or after all the settings are finished and clear the cache.
The settings are also required when adding a new Magento 2 Language Pack.
- Expand the Store Information drop-down menu and proceed with the settings:
Store Name: fill in the name of your store;
Store Phone Number: fill in your store contact phone number;
Store Hours of Operation: define your store working hours here;
Country: choose a country where your store is situated;
Region/State: specify the region where the store is located;
ZIP/Postal Code: fill in a ZIP/Postal code of the area you have indicated above;
City: specify the city where your store is located;
Street Address: type in the street address of your store;
Street Address Line 2: fill up if required;
VAT Number: specify the VAT number of your store to make sure VATs are accurately calculated.
- Save the settings and don’t forget to clear the cache: System>Cache Management>Flush Magento Cache.
Right after Magento 2 installation, you may also need to learn how to set a custom admin URL and how to change the default logo. Besides, you can see how to configure Magento 2 contact form. Later on, when all the basic processes will be established you can find out how to set up Google Analytics, PayPal integration, and other settings.